Chapter 22

Oh gods, this story just gets more and more cringy...

Chapter 22

Revealed

Percy's PoV

I could hear gasps in the background but I was focused on Artemis who had her legs wrapped around my waist and arms around my neck as she furiously kissed me.

We pulled away and I cracked a grin, everyone had a different look on their faces, some, who I suppose you could call clueless, looked shocked. You know who they are. Athena looked mildly surprised but was trying to cover it up, I suppose if someone saw the wisdom goddess looking surprised she would never hear the end of it.

Ares had a glint in his eye as if he thought that all Hades would break lose. Speaking of Hades, he had a smirk on his face and was looking at Zeus and Poseidon like he enjoyed watching them fight, which I suppose he did.

Hestia seemed happy for me and Artemis but also slightly worried as she looked at our parents. Hera looked like she was enjoying this, which she was.

Hermes just gave me a pat on the back and a look that said 'Man you scored', Artemis glared at him.

Apollo, looked shocked and angry but also somehow calm, like he couldn't decide whether he was happy for his sister or wanted to beat me up.

Poseidon, my father, looked mildly shocked but opted not to say anything, or perhaps he was so surprised that he forgot how to speak.

Zeus was silent for a few seconds but then his solemn face broke into a smile, "Hermes, looks like I won the bet"

"You were betting on my love life?", Artemis asked incredulously.

"It wasn't just him, all of us were betting",Apollo said.

"So who won the pot?", I asked

"You're screwing my sister and her you have the audacity to ask 'who won the pot?'!", Apollo burst out.

"Apollo, calm down", Artemis said, she was a little red in the face.

"Yeah, calm down, I would never screw Artemis", I said and Artemis gave me a 'oh really' look.

"I meant I wouldn't screw Artemis before you give her the talk of course!", I continued. Laughter filled the Throne Room but Apollo was still looking mad.

Fortunately for me, Artemis interrupted before things could escalate any further. "Apollo, I really like him and he's really nice, I would appreciate it if you guys be nice to each other and that means no sec jokes Percy", at this point she was glaring pointedly at me.

I raised my hand in defeat as did Apollo, "Fine, but he breaks your heart and I'll figure out a way to kill him", he said

"Well, if that is all, I suppose we can leave?", my father spoke at last.

"So you're okay with this?", I asked him. I honestly didn't think he would be fine with it but this day is full of surprises I suppose. Wow, I say the word 'suppose' way too much. Back to the present Percy!

"Well, I don't have any particular reason to object to this", he said casually.

"I agree, if you end up getting married-", Zeus began.

"Father! Can you please dial it down!", Artemis interrupted.

"Let me finish daughter, all I'm saying is that it would promote peace between Poseidon and I", he said with finality, as if his word was law, 'I want you guys to get married. Boom! Guess what? You're now married!'

"I see", was all I said.

"So, that it? No arguing, no fights breaking out, no storms or hurricanes, where's the fun in that! Fight you idiots!", Hades shouted, he sounded agitated.

"Yeah! Fight! War is the best!", Ares roared as he pounded his fists on his throne, the others around him flinched.

Zeus and Poseidon just glared at the two of them but said nothing. Finally, one by one, everyone started to leave until the only people left were Artemis, Apollo and I.

"Come on, we need to talk", Apollo said and we followed him to his palace, did I mention the palaces here were huge and I mean huge, like Olympus just loved to show off, to what? I had no idea, but it was probably to show the demigods who entered how weak they were compared to the gods. Wow, this place is a total Debbie Downer.

We reached Apollo's majestic palace that gleamed in the sunlight, made of pure celestial bronze and coated with gold, his palace was a sight to behold, but I knew Apollo was quite the show-off.

We walked inside and into a large room with lots of sofas that were golden-yellowish in color, they had a sort of glow on them, like the morning sun. The flatscreen TV was so big it covered almost an entire wall.

There were music sheets laying around everywhere and in one corner, next to a small bookshelf were a bunch of instruments, guitars, synthesizers, flutes, saxophones, a ukulele and so much more.

The back wall was covered with some paintings that somehow kept changing, they showed different scenes, some people looked familiar while others didn't.

Apollo must've noticed me looking at them so he explained, "They're enchanted, they give a glimpse of the future but they aren't always correct, they show an interpretation if the future not the actual future itself" (A/N: Totally made up stuff ;P )

"Cool", I said.

"So why are we here?", Artemis asked.

"Like I said, we need to talk", He said

"Apollo this better not be some prank", Artemis said, clearly annoyed.

"It's not!", Apollo replied, he sounds offended, well, that knocked his ego down by a few notches.

"Fine, let's sit and we'll talk", I said before they got into a full out argument.

We sat down, Artemis and I on a long, five-seater sofa and Apollo across from us, he pit his legs on the Oak wood table that was kept in between, it was wonderfully crafted, with an intricate pattern on the sides and a small sun with rays shooting out, carved on top.

"So what is it that you want to talk about?", Artemis asked.

_________

This is probably the only chapter in this book that takes place in a single place, no time skips and scene changes.

I'm trying really hard to update on time, sorry :(

-Lana