Chapter 6

Chapter 6

The Torturous Words

Artemis's PoV

I finally noticed that I was holding his hand as tight as possible and as soon as I did, I let go instantaneously.

I can't believe I didn't notice that we were holding hands! What would Percy think of me? I thought Wait why do I care what he thinks of me? And did I just call him Percy? Oh gods, if this is Aphrodite messing with me she has had it! , I thought.

"It seems that I failed to notice that we were holding hands, someone seemed to be fine with this", I said as I looked at him in a questioning manner. He just shrugged. Did he not notice or did he like holding my hand? Oh gods! Why would he like it? He hates girls, wait why am I even thinking about this?! I blushed and gave him a low growl to hide it before taking my seat.

__________

Percy's PoV

After Zeus told Artemis to leave me alone, we were both about to leave when suddenly, Apollo fell down from his throne and green mist spewed everywhere.
All I could think was Not another prophecy!

___________

Thalia's PoV

As soon as Lady Artemis flashed away with Percy, I looked at the lieutenant of the Warriors wondering what we were supposed to do. I looked at Steven and he just blinked before looking at Jake.

I mentally sighed, I had to take the call of action here I guess. "Guys, why don't we just cut the deer in half and take our share?", I said, mostly to Jake.

"Fine I guess", was all he said before taking out a knife and setting to work. I am not gonna lie, I admired his skills, not only at hunting but at being a natural leader. He had an aura of confidence around him, unlike me. He was focused on what he was doing instead of slacking around.

After he was done, he handed me the carcass and nodded his head in acknowledgment to Phoebe.

"You know", he began before turning around to go back to the Warriors, " I think if it wasn't for Percy and Lady Artemis' hatred towards each other, the hunters and warriors would have worked well together", he said as he walked away.

"You May be right lieutenant", I said as me and Phoebe went back to the Hunters.

__________

Artemis's PoV

My brother spewed green smoke everywhere and suddenly the creepy voice of Delphi flowed through his mouth. He recited these lines:

"Deities of the hunt shall become one,
If not then the battle will not be won,
To stop the Darkness from leading the way,
The maiden's oath shall break away."

I was shocked, what could this mean? We had a new enemy obviously but who was it? Who was the darkness? Erebus? Nyx? Tartarus? Who knows?!

And what about the last line? The maiden's oath shall break away? Did that mean I had to break my oath? Or was it about Athena or Hestia?

"Well, that was something, Athena? Any suggestions on what we should do?", Said my father

"Well,", Athena began "Deities of the hunt meaning Percy and Artemis since they are the only two hunt deities who have not faded. So they join together would mean the Warriors and Hunters would be combined or else we're all doomed. Darkness I can only guess will be Erebus, I am not sure though.", she stopped at this and looked at the others.

"Okay, but what about the last line? Who is the maiden?", Hermes asked

"Well, we can only assume that the maiden is Artemis since the prophecy is linked to her and Percy", she said. Anxiety overcame me as I realised what she meant, I would have to give up my oath.

"Whoa, let's calm down, we don't know if Artemis is the maiden for sure, why don't we just focus on joining the Warriors and Hunters. Besides, if Artemis wants to break her oath she can just pray to her father and he can release her of it since she made the oath to him not the Styx", surprisingly Perseus said this, gallant as always.

Zeus just nodded his head, "I agree, Perseus, Artemis, you are to both join your groups and ensure that the peace between them is maintained", he said looking pointedly at me.

I didn't say anything just gave him a weak nod.

"Meeting dismissed", he said and flashed away.

That's when Perseus approached me, "Hey Artemis, wanna tell our groups together? I could flash the Warriors to the location of the hunters and then we could tell them together", he said and looked at me.

I just nodded and flashed to the campsite where we were currently set up.

"Gather around girls, I have some news", I announced and watched them come stand in a circle around me.

"But first we must wait for Perseus and his Warriors to get here as it concerns them", I said

"What's going on Milady?", Thalia Asked, she looked worried.

"Well Thalia, we might be having some change in arrangements around here from now on", I said nervously

That's when a big flash of light hit us and we saw Perseus standing with his Warriors. The hunters notched and aimed their arrows at the Warriors. I taught them well, I thought.

Percy, I mean Perseus raised his hands up in defeat, "Lower your bows girls", I ordered as they reluctantly did.

"The Warriors are here because as I said, we are having some changes in arrangements around here", I said

"You see, a prophecy was issued at Olympus which was regarding us joining together, so here we are", Perseus said as he looked around.

"Yes, which means, that we need to co-operate with each other and learn to tolerate the opposite gender", I said.

That's when the cries and shouts of protests began. I looked at Perseus as if saying here we go!

__________

How was it?

Vote and Comment!

Thanks for Reading 📖