Chapter 12

Next UPDATE on THURSDAY.

Chapter 12

A Familiar Face

Artemis' PoV

Did I like him? Of course, but do Thalia and the Hunters need to know about it? No, they don't.

The only thing I can do is lie, even though I hate lying to my Hunters, I still have to. I took a deep breath, but before I could say anything there was a loud growl coming from the direction of the archery range, I got up and ran to the spot only to find the hunters surrounded by monsters, in front I could say Orion smiling cruelly at me.

I sneered. I will take him down.

The hunters charged and so did I but before I could shoot an arrow at Orion he simply jumped over the monsters and disappeared, what a coward, I thought.

I started shooting arrows at the nearby monsters and saw that the Warriors were also there, helping the Hunters. Next to them stood Percy with his sword in hand as he killed the monsters one by one. I was so lost in admiring his technique that I didn't notice the person who had snuck up behind me until it was too late.

I felt someone stuff a gag into my mouth and tie my hands, I turned around and found Orion smirking at me, my eyes widened. I tried to kick him but he was prepared, he grabbed my foot and twisted my ankle so badly, I could feel the bone breaking. Oh no! Please no!, I thought. (We all know Artemis can easily defeat Orion but for the sake of the story, let it go)

__________

Percy's PoV

I was fighting a group of monsters with the Warriors and Hunters when I noticed Artemis was missing, I gave the surrounding area a quick scan but found nothing except a set of footprints. I followed the footprints to a secluded spot where I saw something I didn't expect.

Artemis lay on the ground, tears streaming down her face, bound and gagged with barely any clothes on, I looked around and saw her clothes had been torn to shreds. Standing in front of her was the giant Orion, he was unzipping his pants.

I saw red, I charged at Orion angrily and gave him a good cut on the thigh, he growled. He charged at me as I dodged his attacks, after a while, he seemed to be a little tired, I used this to my advantage.I quickly used my sword to cut off his limbs and he fell to the ground.

I would probably need a demigod to kill him but that's for later, I should go check on Artemis.

I walked up to Artemis and unbound her, as soon I pulled out the gag she gasped and to my surprise, pulled me into a hug.

My face turned red, I was blushing hard, I could feel her arms around me as she kept on muttering 'Thanks'

I smiled and pulled out of the hug, I slowly took of my jacket and wrapped it around her, although that did not quite cover her up since she was in her 18 year old form right now.

She has been for quite a few days now, I wonder why, but that's for later. I materialized one of my cloaks and wrapped it around her, she was finally covered, although I was a little disappointed, I quickly helped her up, as soon as she got up, she let out a groan and collapsed on the floor.

I gave her a questioning glance, she groaned again.

"Orion broke my ankle when he...", she looked down and trailed off.

I bent down and gently pushed her head up, she was crying. I slowly wiped away the tears and picked her up, bridal style. She let out a squeal, "Percy put me down!", she shouted. I ignored her, her face was red, I smirked at the reaction I got out of her.

She must've noticed me smirking so she punched me in the arm, "Ow! Arty! What was that for?!", I exclaimed. She glared at me when she heard the name.

"What did you call me?", she asked

"A-R-T-Y, arty! Come on, you know you like it", I said as a joke. To my surprise she started stuttering and her face looked like a tomato.

"N-no I d-don't!", she said.

We were almost at the campsite, we reached there but the monsters were gone, all that remained was yellow dust on the floor.

The hunters and Warriors looked at me and Artemis, I thought they would scream at me for touching Artemis or something but I was shocked when all they did was look at Jake and Thalia -who were smirking at us- and looked mildly surprised.

Weird, I thought.

Oh wait! I left Orion with his limbs cut off back at the spot where I found Artemis, I should probably tell them to take care of it.

"Oh guys, by the way, I cut off Orion's hands and legs but I still need one of you demigods to kill him, so can two of you go and handle it", I said

Two hunters took out their bows and walked to the area I instructed them to go to.

With Artemis still in my arms, I slowly walked back to her tent and softly put her on the chair nearby.

"You can go ahead and change into your hunting uniform, I will just wait outside", I told her.

She just nodded her head as I exited the tent. She looked pretty upset. I'll talk to her later, for now I should see what's for dinner, it's almost time to eat, perhaps everyone should sleep early tonight, we are going to start our journey to the Wolf House tomorrow anyway. It would be best if everyone got some sleep.  (Yeah, morning suddenly changed to night, please bear with me)

____________

Hey guys!! Hope you like this chapter, it's 2 a.m. here.
Byeeeee!!!!