"I have to go."

"Oh." Is all that comes out.

"I'm late for class." She explains with a rushed smile, I nod even though no class starts at five-thirty am. She closes the door behind her and I'm left alone again.

I shake my head, who was I kidding? Miles and I don't belong together and we never will, Chrissy on the other hand does belong to him, she seems to be the only thing keeping him even a little human and he's the only one who seems to make her happy even with all of his flaws. 

I look through the few nail polishes I own before choosing a milky white color. I paint my nails before looking through my closet and grabbing a light top to go with my light jeans. I brush through my brown hair before cleaning off yesterday's makeup and applying a fresh coat of mascara. My hoop earrings are small and the necklace Jace got me hangs high enough for me to see.

I take my time to walk towards the library and to my surprise it's open. I push the glass door that leads me into my only escape.

"One caramel frappuccino." I smile and a young woman nods. I pay her before grabbing my cold coffee and bringing it with me to the same table I always seem to choose. I lay my books and pens onto the table. I tap the pen onto the table lightly as I read through a few assignments. I need to catch up and this is the perfect time. 

I take notes on my new laptop, everything is so organized. After finishing a few short assignments and retuning them I realize that class has already started and I'm fifteen minutes late. I attempt to grab all of my books, in hopes of making it to class as soon as I can but his voice stops me.

"I thought I'd find you here." The raspiness of the voice travels up my neck and into my ears. Before I can turn around he sits down right in front of me. He looks down at my drink but doesn't say anything.

"What?" I ask even though I heard him perfectly well.

"You're late to class." He says but I shake my head.

"Well . . . I'm not going to class," I state, determined. I

had planned on going but now that he's here, reminding me that I'll be with him in class, I don't want to go. I can afford to skip a few classes here and there especially if I'll be able to get ahead a few weeks.

"Oh yeah?" he asks, his smirk hiding in his lips.

"Yes," I say.

"In that case, I'll skip too, it's no fun without my Maddie." He says and the words rush through me like lightning.

"W-what?"

"You heard me--I'm skipping." He says, giving me that Miles smile.

"Miles I—"

"You have a problem with me being here? It's a public library Madison." He says with a fake frown and I can't help but smile.

"Then I'm leaving," I say before standing up and gathering all of my books.

"Great, where are we going?" he smiles, resting his legs on the table. I look at him in disbelief before sighing;

"We're not going anywhere, I'm going back to my dorm," I say, shaking my head slightly.

"Oh come on Madison, you're not leaving me here all alone are you?"

"No, you can ask your girlfriend to join you," I say before attempting to walk away but his hand familiarly grabs mine, bringing back memories of our hands holding so intimately. I quickly flick my hand away at the memory.

"All I'm asking for is breakfast, aren't you hungry?" he asks and my stomach answers with a grumble which only makes him smile.

"See, I know your body better than you do." He says and I bite at my lips at the rush of butterflies traveling through me.