Run Away part 1.

Alexander felt a lump in his neck. The Washingtons had never been anything but sweet to him. If they had shown their true colors early, then he might not have felt so guilty, at least that's what he thought. But they didn't. They never hit him like his other foster parents, they didn't yell at him, they didn't do anything but show him love and care. Now he was about to swipe $100 from them and make a run for it.

"I can't do this." Alexander said to himself. He sat on the stairs, watching and waiting for Washington to leave his study. He knew the man kept a hundred dollar bill in his desk. "Yes you can. Save yourself from the rejection and just leave!"

George stood up and left the study. He grabbed his jacket and went out the door to go to work.

Alexander then made his move. He snuck into the study, trying not to wake his foster brother or gain the attention from his foster mother. He opened the desk drawer and looked through some boxes until he found the one. The one with $100 in it.

"Yes!" He pocketed the money and ran back to his room, making it look like he hadn't woken up yet.
When he heard Lafayette get up, he figured he could get up as well. He put on his uniform, which he still thought was stupid, and went into the shared bathroom.

"Morning mon ami." Lafayette came in.

"I'm not your friend. I live here temporarily and I'll be gone soon anyway." Alexander rolled his eyes.

"The Washingtons are nice people. They won't make you leave." Lafayette said.

"You mean they won't get rid of me? Because the government stopped treating me like a person a long time ago. I'm just another number on a piece of paper."

Lafayette sighed. Boy was this kid stubborn.

"I swear, the Washingtons won't do that to you. I mean, I've been here for three years." Laf explained again. "I guarantee you that they are the greatest people you will ever meet."

"Whatever, Frenchie." Alexander shrugged and left the room. He didn't want to hear how he was betraying the picture parents of goodness. He knew that if that were true though, that he didn't fit in there. He went back to his room and grabbed his backpack before heading downstairs.

"Morning, Alexander." Martha smiled at him sweetly. "Are you hungry?"

"Yes." Alexander answered. He figured that if this was his last day living in a normal place that he should have one last decent breakfast.

Martha set down a plate and went back to the kitchen. "Sweetie, me and George were curious if maybe you wanted to try a school activity. With that brain of yours and your quick witt, maybe you would want to join the debate team or something."

"It's something for me to think about." Alexander mumbled.

"Good." Martha smiled.

Lafayette came downstairs next. He went over and sat in one of the chairs and Martha passed him a plate as well.

"So, you gonna talk to Elizabeth Schuyler today?" Laf asked.

"Ooo, who's Elizabeth?" Martha asked.

"She's a girl from my class." Alexander gave Lafayette a death stare. Laf just smirked.

"Mhmm." Laf joked.

Alexander just glared at him. "Where is Washington?" He asked, even though he knew that he had gone to work.

"He left already, he said he needed to be there early this morning." Martha explained.

"Huh." Alexander shrugged.