Another day, another therapy session.

Alexander was dreading today. He knew he was going to have to go back and talk to Dr. Reynolds. Suckity suck suck.

"Alexander?"

Alexander stood up at the sound of his name and walked back to the room he went to last time. Dr. Reynolds was there waiting for him.

"So? Would you like to tell me about anything that happened this week?"

"Nope!" Alexander laughed. "Let's just get this over with already."

"I need to start making progress with you sooner or later." Reynolds stated.

"Later."

"Ok, how about we play the one question game again?"

"Deal. What stupid part of my tragic past are you going to make me relive this week?" Alexander asked sarcastically.

"Why do you feel so personal about people calling you stupid?"

Alexander stopped for a moment. His sarcastic remarks and smirking face both came to a halt. "Washington put you up to this?"

"No, he did tell me what you told him, and now I'm asking for myself." Reynolds replied.

"Fine, you wanna know?" Alexander said. "My whole life I've been judged by because of who my parents were, that I was conceived out of wedlock. It wasn't my fault my mother had an affair, twice apparently since I had a brother. It wasn't my fault that my mother was dare I say a whore."

"Keep going." Reynolds pulled out a notepad.

"I'm not stupid. At every school I've been to I've been top of my class when I barely study. But nobodycan see that. Everyone thinks I'm stupid because they will never see me as anything more than just a bastard, orphan, son of a whore and a scotsman!" Alexander exclaimed, a tear forming in his eye. He wiped it away not wanting to show any sign of weakness. His enemies ate weakness for breakfast.

"Scotsman?"

"It's a long story. Now I answered your question, can I go?" Alexander snapped at him.

"No, but I won't make you talk anymore. Unless you feel better now and want to?" Reynolds asked.

"Nope, you got some cards? Or would you rather do chess?"

Reynolds sighed and turned to get the deck or cards on the shelf.

"So how did it go?" Washington asked.

"It sucked like last time." Alexander stated.

"Reynolds told me you confessed why you don't like it when people call you stupid." Washington continued. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"No, I just want to go back to your house and spend the rest of my stay in peace." Alexander scoffed.

Washington sighed, but didn't press any further. He drove home and as soon as they arrived, Alexander jumped out and ran up to his room for the rest of the night.

Washington went into the kitchen and said hello to his wife and other foster son.

"How did it go?" Martha asked.

"Terrible, the kid is like a rock. You know it has an inside but no matter how hard to try you just can't break it open." Washington explained as he went over to the fridge. "It's like he doesn't want help."

"I'm sure there's a reason why. I'm also sure that there is a way we could help him open up more." Martha replied.

"I hope you're right, because right now I have no idea what to do."

"Maybe he doesn't need a therapist. Maybe he just needs a mother and father."

"I'll try and talk to him, but there is no guarantee it will do anything." Washington turned and made his way up the staircase.

Alexander had received a text from Ben.

Ben☠: Me and the boys are gonna have some fun together. We're gonna show people what foster kids really end up like.
TalkingPipsqueak🗣: When and how long?
Ben☠: No. This is a commitment. If you want to stay in your preppy little school uniform and your giant house then this isn't for you. If you want in, you have to run away.
TalkingPipsqueak🗣: I don't know Ben. You said it yourself. What if I can't survive on the streets by myself? I'm fifteen.
Ben☠: You won't be alone. Me and Nate can take care of you just as well as any stupid foster parent. Danny's in, you're the only one who hasn't said yes.
TalkingPipsqueak🗣: Well... I guess I could get away after school tomorrow.
Ben☠: Good, and swipe as much money as you can.

Alexander hid his phone when he heard the sound of his door open. It was Washington.

"Alexander? Can we talk?"

"Why? You already made me spill my guts to a shrink. Now I have to do it again so you can see?" Alexander scoffed.

"No. You don't have to do anything. But maybe you would want to." Washington began. "If you weren't in the system, what would you imagine your life would be like now?"

"Maybe I wouldn't be planning on going to prison." Alexander mumbled.

"What?"

"It's a long story."

"I have time." Washington said.

Alexander sighed, then began to talk. "I can't graduate high school because I turn 18 before May, I won't be able to get a decent job if that happens. I won't be able to make a decent living so... I've been considering prison, because a building you can't leave is still a building you can stay in, and that's better then the streets."

"Why wouldn't you finish high school?"

"I just said I turn 18 before May. They'll kick me out of foster care and I won't have a place to go."

"They might kick you out, but I won't." Washington smiled.

Alexander now felt guilty. For what he had just said, and for what he just agreed to do for Ben.