This Changing Life - Part 5 - Alterations

The next morning Kes walked into the small chapel located in the castle.  Her dress was creamy white, threaded with gold, with lace on the bodice and sleeves. Not a wedding dress, but perfect for the occasion. The skirt was flowing around her sleek frame and looked nothing like the clothes Guy was used to seeing. Once again, no veil, only those glorius chestnut locks. Simple and elegant.  As she and Prince John walked towards him, Guy thought she was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. He saw the girl he had known so many years ago, somehow wrapped in unconscious beauty, walking towards him.  He watched every move, and when she finally met his eyes, she smiled that very same soft smile. They said their vows, and he gave her his mother's emerald ring that he had managed to find after the fire so long ago. He wore it on a leather strap around his neck, and felt that she was the perfect one to wear it.  Finally, a soft kiss, not their first, of course, and then it was done. 

Prince John could barely hide his relief. He would be rid of her. And Vaisey and the Knight would protect him from her. And what's more, Richard could say nothing about it as it had been her choice!

Sheriff Vaisey was still trying to work this to his advantage. John had told him about the annual stipend, and the sizeable estate he had given away as her dowry. Prince John had been very pleased with himself. (After all, they were hers anyway.)  Vaisey was sure the tart would object to finding this out...she would lose all to Gisborne, which gave him a great deal of pleasure. Gisborne's good luck however, he was less happy about. He needed the man for his plans. 

After a celebration of eating, drinking and dancing for the rest of the day, things finally began winding down.  Kes excused herself, and went to her chambers, while Guy stayed to finish drinks with Prince John and Vaisey.  Truth be told, he was unsure if he would be welcome in her bed. 

As if sensing his thoughts, the two men began to offer advice. "You're going to have to use a bit of force on that one to keep her from getting the upper hand, Gisborne," John slurred. He was quite drunk. "You are going to have to keep her under control for me man, or I'll do it for you. 

Vaisey understood the implication.  They may need to get rid of her to get to Richard. Or better still, use her as a bargaining tool to destroy him. 

"What are you waiting for man?" John bellowed. "Go! Bed the girl and be done with it. Nothing is official until you get THAT done!"

Guy turned and walked out of the room. They were both disgusting men. He was glad to be rid of them for the next few hours.  However, he was not sure his 'arrangement' with Kes had included the marriage bed. She had told him she would be a good wife last night, had she not? Surely, she realized a marriage should be consummated. But this was Kes, wild, unpredictable Kes. Who knew what she meant?

He was in front of the door now. Should he knock or simply go in? She was not expecting this, he was sure. Gisborne was not used to feeling unsure of himself. His work for the sheriff required that he carry out orders, which he did well. He ordered his men around like a general and was used to being a leader. But this, this he found confusing.  He started to turn away, but then did attempt a soft knock.  Damn!  it sounded like a battering ram, echoing down the hallway.  He heard the latch open, and she invited him in, her head down, so he could not see her expression. 

"I, we never.... I mean," he stammered. (Come on Guy, use your words) he thought to himself. "You are not a boy looking for her approval". (To hell he wasn't!) He stopped himself, took a deep breath, but before he could speak again, she looked up and smiled. She had been wondering if he would seek her out. They had not spoken of anything concerning the wedding bed. She tried to keep her emotions in check. 

"I was wondering," she began, "if you would help me with the buttons on this dress.  I was not thinking, and dismissed my servant after the party, and it seems I cannot reach most of them. "

She looked at him for a moment. He was frozen in place. She turned her back to him, moving her long hair to one side, as he slowly, one foot in front of the other, began to move towards her. He paused a moment, so many buttons! And so very small! Then, like someone in a dream, he started to unfasten them one by one.  No easy task, as his hands were shaking, and his fingers large.

When he had finished, she did not move. He touched her hair. Her silky auburn tresses were loose.  God! He had wanted to do that all day.  He was very close, and she leaned back into him. She was barely able to stand. His touch had left her breathless and wanting more. He took a deep breath in her hair...she smelled like roses, then he turned her around to face him.  She was beautiful, a more mature and curvier version of the girl he had known. She looked into his eyes, and he kissed her.  Long and slow, he nibbled her lips gently, and as she relaxed into him, he got well acquainted with her tongue.  Then he stopped.  He looked at her, at those red luscious lips, and asked, "Do you want me to stop?" HE certainly did not want that. He wanted to acquaint himself with every part of her, but she was so quiet, he didn't want her horrified at what was to happen. This was no kitchen wench looking for a coin. This was a woman he wanted very much to please!

Quietly, breathlessly, she uttered softly, "No, please, continue."  Smiling, he moved the lace sleeves off her shoulders, then let the dress drop to the floor.  He walked around behind her again and untied the corset she was wearing. This too slid to the floor.  She was standing before him in a silky chemise, and the fabric showed her body off to perfection. Then she put her hands on his chest and moved him away from her. She then removed his outer coat. One deep breath and she slid his shirt over his head. When he was bare from the waist up, she gazed at him, then took her hands and ran her fingers through his chest hair, to the finer hair on his stomach.  He moaned as she undid his leather breeches, and he stepped out of them as she pulled them down. He was standing there in his braies, his excitement obvious. 

He reached down and pulled her up, once again kissing her with passion, pulling her close.  She could feel the hardness of him and found she was a bit afraid. Her mind flashed to the book she had seen. How would it fit? Still, he had been gentle so far, and she was feeling something quite exciting when he was close to her.  He loosened his grip, and slid the chemise to the floor, and looked at her. Embarrassed, she started to cover her breasts, but he gently took her hands and kissed her palms, then began nuzzling her neck, working his way down. She moaned, putting her arms around his neck, and he lifted her into the bed. He took his time, making sure she was ready, worshipping every inch of her with his lips.  Kes had forgotten her fear. She was longing for something, although she was not sure what that something was. 

"Kes," he whispered, "You are ready for me, but if you want me to stop, I will." She knew she could not let him stop. "Please", she responded, "I want to know all of you." He quickly removed his braies, both of them now completely exposed to each other.  She reached out and touched him gently. He moaned, then moved into her hand. When he could no longer deny his need, he moved into her, slowly and gently. A gasp from her stopped him. "Are you in pain?" he asked. He knew she would be frightened at this. He wanted to make it as easy as possible for her but was unsure how to proceed. She did not answer, just began moving beneath him...wrapping her legs around him and moving her body up to meet him. He began to move with her, gently, then harder and faster. He felt her spasm as she came around him, which sent him over the edge as well. They continued to hold each other for several quiet moments, then he moved to lay beside her, his eyes closed. 

Kes could not help herself. "I never knew it would be like that!"  He smiled at this; his eyes still closed. She moved onto her side, head in hand, and watched him. He was asleep! She watched his eye movements as he drifted deeper into slumber. His dark lashes were softly laying on his cheek. His face looked so innocent and relaxed. Her thoughts were a jumble of emotions. She was happy. She was frightened. She had attached herself to a man she barely knew...or rather to his memory. She loved him, but she knew he did not return that love. He had accepted her to gain position, wealth and land, this she knew.  She wanted to be with him forever, but knew the reality that it was more than likely to be only for one year. She was determined. Let it be enough.