17

"oh gosh, why is work getting even more tiring?" changbin helplessly groaned to himself, eventually slouching on his chair.

he took a few moments to recover after such an exhausting day, needless to say, he needed a break. and he was lucky time saved his ass when he soon noticed his shift had nearly finished.

unable to notice a small yet relieved smile that was brought up on his face, changbin sighed in relief as he glanced over to his watch. "finally, i get to go home and take a rest." he quietly muttered.

and at that same exact moment, he then heard the sound of the door opening, causing him to immediately snap his head towards the person. "oh, it's just you chan."

"hey changbin. since our shift's over, wanna come and have dinner with me, jeongin and minho?" chan smiled warmly while walking a bit further, anticipating to hear his answer.

but to his luck, changbin shook his head softly in refusal before eventually standing up. "nah, it's fine. you guys can eat without me, i'm not really a massive fan of restaurants. i'll just have dinner at home, i like home cooked meals more."

"you sure? i mean, i know you're not the type to go somewhere hectic but i'm sure there wouldn't be too many people since it's night. also, it's just gonna be a small one down there so it's not really a restaurant." chan answered, checking on him.

changbin shook his head gently once more, only widening his smile a bit. "it's okay, like i said, i prefer home cooked meals more."

the older knew there was no point in trying to get him to come, he knew full well that changbin was very stubborn. eventually smiling back gently, chan nodded back. "okay then, we'll get going. i hope you get home safe and if you ever change your mind, don't forget to call us. you're always welcome to come along."

"i know, thanks though. having a nice home cooked meal at home while resting is what i need the most right now. see you later then and you too, get home safe." changbin also replied, watching as chan give him a last smile before walking out.

the moment he watched the older leave, he quietly sighed and was about to leave the prison room when something stopped him. 'oh right, i haven't said goodbye to him yet.'  he thought, hyunjin instantly running through his mind.

with that, he turned around to walk over to hyunjin's prison cell, hoping he was still awake. and he was right when he soon saw the taller resting his back against the wall while reading the book he'd gave him.

this made changbin softly smile, glad that he was able to change his mind about detective books. he was debating whether or not he should call him over or just wait until he notice but that didn't take long when hyunjin soon looked up from his book, a massive smile displayed on his face.

"changbin hyung!" he excitedly exclaimed, almost immediately dropping the book on the bed to quickly rush towards him.

"hey, how's the book going?" changbin questioned with his still remaining smile, watching as hyunjin's eyes glitter tremendously.

"it's amazing! i'm nearly done with this book, i wonder how it's gonna end." hyunjin replied with a widen smile, unable to stop looking at him.

changbin didn't know why but just by seeing hyunjin's bright smile caused his day to get a bit lighter than before. it was as if his smile alone brightened everything, especially his mood itself.

maybe he grew to love his beautiful smile as well, the way it fitted him so well. everything about him was beautiful, his facial features, personality, everything, despite the fact he'd committed a crime.