27

unable to stop widening his eyes in shock, chan then quickly blinked after listening to what he'd just heard. did he hear that right? was changbin being serious? was it finally happening and he just have to find out now?

"wait, hold on." chan paused for a moment, still trying to process changbin's words. "you're telling the truth right? that you and... mr. hwang are dating?"

"so you finally figured out how you feel about him?" jeongin joined in with another question.

changbin didn't say anything more and nodded, a soft smile appearing on his face as he slightly blushed at the thoughts of dating hyunjin. "yeah, sorry i didn't tell you guys sooner. but, i finally realised how i felt about him last night."

neither chan or jeongin replied for a moment, just silently staring at changbin with a blank expression. the other, on the other hand, just confusingly shifted his gaze between them as he tried to figure out what they were thinking about.

"what?" changbin asked, slowly blinking.

there was silence for a few minutes, none of the males responding. it wasn't until a massive smile found its way on chan's face seconds later, instantly engulfing changbin into a tight hug. "that's so great! i'm so happy for you!" he cheered.

"yeah, you finally figured it out." jeongin smiled.

"h-hyung, that's a bit too tight..." changbin breathed, attempting to break free from chan's tight grip as he struggled to breathe.

chan only chuckled in response, finally stop hugging him. "i'm sorry. it's just, i can't believe it. i don't know why but it makes me feel proud, as if my son has grown." he happily grinned.

"seriously? geez, you need to stop boomer." changbin playfully rolled his eyes, before earning a playful slap from the older. "it took me a while but... it also makes sense if i think about it."

"everything that you feel towards him?" chan asked with a smile.

changbin nodded. "yeah, everything. from the feeling of being around him, desiring to be with him more and spend time with him. i couldn't stop thinking about him last night and i was so bothered when he suggested that we stay as friends. now i know why, because i didn't wanna be just "friends" to him."

"that makes sense," jeongin replied. "isn't this your first time falling in love?"

"yeah, you never really had any before this one." chan reasoned with a smirk. "you were the only one out of us who had never been in a relationship before."

"shut up." changbin barked with rolled eyes and slapped chan on the arms. "well, now i finally am in one."

"yep, finally." jeongin snickered.

the other only eyed him back hardly, causing chan to just laugh at the scene before him. it wasn't when a sudden thought came across his mind, making him call out in realisation. "wait, you guys already kissed right?" 

the moment he heard that, changbin only blushed hardly. this obviously gave it away to chan and jeongin, who couldn't help but smirk since they already know the answer. "that's cute, it's great though. finally finding someone that you love." chan soon added with a smile.

shyly smiling even more than before, changbin nodded with a visible blush still on his face. "i don't wanna give up my feelings for him. even if this is gonna put my job on the line."

"just hide it, we'll help you." chan suggested with a smile, turning from jeongin back to changbin. "and we'll keep our mouth shut and not tell anyone else."

"yeah, you don't have to worry about anything hyung." jeongin smiled reassuringly at him.

this made changbin smile back with another nod, thankful and relieved towards his friends. inside, he was grateful for everything they've done for him; they've always been there to support him whenever he needs it.