18

"what?" changbin unknowingly spurted out, soon realising what it was he'd said.  "oh wait, i didn't mean it that way-"

"it's okay hyung, it was an unexpected question anyways." hyunjin cutely chuckled, glittery eyes still anticipating for his answer. "so?"

"well..." he trailed off, not knowing what to say in response.

he didn't think it would lead them to this, it was completely out of his league. he was just caught off guard by the sudden question that his mind couldn't process anything.

what should he do? should he just agree? or should he try to keep his distance away?

as hyunjin continued to wait for changbin with innocent eyes, the older only drifted his gaze towards the inside of his cell, hoping he'd think of an excuse. "it seems to be very crowded and unsanitary, i don't think i can spend a night on the cold and filthy floor."

'i hope this would be enough for him to give in.' he thought, hoping he'd act the way he'd have expected.

but to his luck, hyunjin only smiled widely moments later. "you don't need to worry about that hyung! you can sleep on my bed instead, i'll just sleep on the floor." 

"wait no-" changbin started before stopping himself, just smiling gently at him. "it's really okay hyunjin, i'll just stay out here. you should sleep on the bed." 

"but hyung~" hyunjin pouted with a sulky expression, desperately wanting changbin to be in his cell. "isn't it uncomfortable to sleep over there? that's much worse! sleep on my bed instead." 

"no really, it's okay. also, i don't want them to find out that i was in your cell sleeping, i'd get in serious trouble. luckily if i sleep here, i can just tell them that i had a lot of work to do which led me to stay over the night here, watching you guys as well." changbin explained with a smile.

at this point he'd have already assumed hyunjin would give in by now, but somehow the boy before would always go beyond his expectation. "then you can sleep here and go back afterwards before they come. that way they won't find out." 

"i'm not sure hyunjin, i'll-" 

"it's okay hyung! trust me, you won't get in trouble. if you're afraid you won't wake up in time then i'll wake you up! and you can sleep on my bed so you don't have to worry about sleeping on the floor, i'll sleep on the floor. it's not my first time anyways." hyunjin reassured, only smiling brightly at him.

changbin only rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly, still doubting the idea. would it really be okay if he were to sleep on his bed instead? no matter how many times he tried to think it over, he'd just end up feeling bad for him.

sighing for what felt like forever, he eventually gave in and nodded, way too tired to argue back. it wasn't like he was gonna give in any moment, he might as well be the one giving in despite unexpected situation. "okay fine, this is the final time." 

"okay! i'll promise there's no more after this." hyunjin smiled happily, already feeling contented about the idea of having a sleepover with the older he'd adored so much.

"you better wake me up though. i don't wanna get in trouble." changbin sighed before collecting all of his stuff and walking back inside the cell to accompany the ecstatic boy before him.

"i will! don't worry, if you do then all of the blame goes to me." hyunjin reassured once more,  being too willing to take the sacrifice.

"no, i didn't mean it like that-"

"it's okay hyung, i don't mind taking the sacrifice in your place. if it's for you, i'll do anything!" hyunjin only excitedly encouraged, feeling too blessed and delighted by his presence to even care about himself.