08

"so, how's it going with mr. hwang?" chan asked the moment he came back to the table. changbin looked up in response with a shrug as he began grilling the meat.

"he's doing alright i guess." he slightly mumbled, staring back at chan.

they waited for a moment before flipping the meat over on the grill. "are you sure? isn't he tough to handle?" chan asked.

"well, sometimes but it's not that bad." changbin answered, just silently waiting for the meat to cook.

"wow that's..." chan trailed off with a small gasp, still not believing what he said. "i thought you would be complaining about having to deal with him."

changbin shrugged once again, picking a couple of pieces off the grill and now onto his plate. "he's alright, i'm doing fine."

"if you say so..." chan replied, following the same action after him. "i think he's taken a liking of you because when me and jeongin tried to interrogate him, he wouldn't cooperate."

he watched as changbin's face showed no changes, it was as if it didn't surprise him. "well, i'm not surprised. he really does wanna get closer to me, he even suggested to be friends." 

"wait really?" he questioned, showing off the same shocked face. changbin said nothing for a moment, just too focused with trying the meat he'd picked up from the grill.

there was silence for a moment, chan continuing to stare at him curiously. when he figured he wouldn't get a response after a few minutes, he opened his mouth once again. "what did you say though?"

"i told him that it wasn't allowed, he still wouldn't give up though. he's quite persistent i must say." changbin eventually answered, groaning in satisfaction at the meat he'd just ate.

"oh that's good." chan sighed in relief, beginning to eat the food. "you know what'll happen if they find out right?" 

changbin nodded once more in understanding, already knowing the consequences. "i know but don't worry. that won't happen." 

when they had finished paying for the food they'd ordered, they soon stepped out of the restaurant moments later. "well, time to get back to work i suppose." chan eventually said, causing changbin to nod back. 

"yeah, his outside time should be over in a few moments." he replied, looking over to his watch to check the time. chan smiled in response, turning his attention back to the front when he spotted a familiar figure walking towards them.

"oh jeongin! how did your lunch time go?" the older excitedly exclaimed, waiting for the young male to walk up to them. he greeted them with an enormous smile as soon as he came up to them, making changbin look up from his watch.

"it was good, i even ordered some latte for you guys." jeongin responded to which the both of them smiled widely at the sight of their favourite flavoured drinks.

chan's eyes glittered enormously seconds later, happily taking the drinks from his hands. "thanks! we'll enjoy it." he said, soon handing one to changbin.

the younger couldn't help but smile greatly, the three males walking back to the police station  as they chatted and laughed. it didn't take them long when they soon arrived, almost finished with their drinks; just wanting to spend more time like this.

"he really said that to you hyung?" jeongin asked, turning around to meet changbin's eyes.

changbin nodded in response, reminiscing back to what hyunjin had told him. "it's okay though, i'm not effected by it. i'm just simply doing my job that's all."