03

the moment the sudden words came out of his mouth, there was silence that filled the whole atmosphere. did he just abruptly said his name without a problem?

"how's that possible? whenever we tried and asked him, he'd always refuse and make a huge commotion." jeongin reasoned, staring confusingly at hyunjin.

he then turned to chan who stood there, not knowing what to say next. that was when he smiled seconds later, averting his attention to changbin.

"i know." he replied soon after, placing his hand on the others shoulder. "maybe you should interrogate him instead."

"what? me? isn't that your job?" changbin questioned in confusion, turning around to face chan with a bewildered expression.

"well yes but seeing as though he answered your question without any hesitation, maybe it would be better if you do it. he seems to be cooperating well if it's you." chan replied as his widened his smile.

changbin sighed at his words, not knowing what to do. this wasn't part of his job at all, there was no need for him to take over someone's job because of that.

"i don't know..." he responded, sighing heavily in response.

"please, i'll make sure you won't get in trouble. just do this once, i'll treat you for meat later." chan reasoned, soon watching his eyes glitter at the word.

he nodded seconds later to which chan smiled wider, walking past him as he took a seat on the chair instead. "fine." he said before eventually looking over to hyunjin. "take a seat please." he calmly instructed.

hyunjin unknowingly obeyed, finally taking a seat without a problem. chan smiled at the sight of it, turning around to face him. "thanks officer seo, i'll make it up to you."

changbin nodded with a small smile, watching as the two males walk away. as soon as they went away, he turned his attention back to the taller before him.

"so your name is hwang hyunjin isn't it?" he confirmed once again, whipping the laptop open to type the information in.

despite his eyes set on the laptop screen in front of him, he could still see what was happening in the corner of his eyes. hyunjin said nothing as he nodded, the sounds of typing filling the whole room.

"age?" he questioned, eyes not leaving the screen at all.

"are you perhaps, interested in my age?" hyunjin asked with a sudden smirk, leaning against his chair unknowingly.

this caused changbin to look up, hard eyes staring closely at him. "age?" he repeated back but this time, a bit more seriously.

hyunjin raised his eyebrow curiously at him when he sighed in defeat, now slouching against his chair. "i'm 20."

there was a few second of silence as typing was heard again. "birthday?" he then asked once again, bombarding him with countless questions.

"march 20." he sighed in boredom, casually lifting his legs up on the table to rest on it. this made changbin look up once more, stern eyes watching his unexpected action.

"this won't take long and can you please refrain lifting your legs on the table? you're gonna make it dirty." he reasoned back, not knowing what look to shoot at him.

"but officer, i'm bored! how long is this gonna go on for? can i go now?" hyunjin whined in annoyance, wanting to just leave.

"didn't you hear what officer bang said? we can't let you go. this is an important questioning here, instead you'll be in jail for what you've done." changbin bluntly explained, eyes watching his every move.

hyunjin eventually dropped his legs back on the floor as he leaned closer. "i'm telling you, i've done nothing." he warned steadily.

"you won't be saying that any longer." changbin confidentially stated moments later, staring hard into his eyes.

"i don't know why i'm here if i haven't done anything." hyunjin continued to reason, wishing that none of this would have happened to him. it was all too late now.

but to his dismay, changbin ignored his words as he resumed his questioning. "i'll just move on to the important question. is it true that you were with someone else?"

"i'm not saying anything." hyunjin answered back, folding his arms despite the handcuffs around his wrists.

changbin raised an eyebrow in awareness, watching him silently. "are you trying to cover up for your friend? if so, i'm afraid you'll have to give it up, we'll find them one day anyways. might as well stop denying the truth now and cooperate."

this made hyunjin stare back at him hardly when he sighed heavily, kissing his teeth in response. "fine. we burgled a store, happy now? i'm not telling you who i was with." he finally admitted, rolling his eyes instead.

"that's fine with me. as long as you've admitted that you'd committed a crime. according to the law, you've been sentenced to jail for 8 months." changbin explained, shutting the laptop down as he got up to which he walked over to him.

"that's stupid, all because i've broken into some mere store and stole something?" hyunjin reasoned back with a scoff, watching as the other stopped beside him.

"yes, this is so that you can think about your actions and redeem from it. don't worry, if someone pays a certain amount of fine needed to bail you out, you can be freed before your discharge. however, that will also mean there's gonna be a criminal record on your profile." changbin explained, gesturing him to stand up.

hyunjin sighed annoyingly before finally standing up in response. as changbin led the taller with linked arms, countless thoughts ran through his head. 'am i just gonna end up staying in here for 8 months?'

he was too lost in thoughts to realise that they were already there, the sounds of the metal keys jingling in the air woke him. before he knew it, he was now in a locked cell as changbin locked the door behind him.

"i'm sure you'll be fine here. you should get some rest, you seem exhausted." was all he said before walking away.

hyunjin's face slightly darkened seconds later, kissing his teeth once again as he walked over to the bed. he then laid down while staring at the lifeless blank ceiling, doing nothing as he watched time pass by.

"that asshole."

-

ngl, i have no idea how im gonna write this but ill try my best. i hope youve enjoyed it!