13

"here's the medicine, is he alright?" was the first thing changbin heard as soon as jeongin stepped into the prison cell, his attention turning to him.

"yeah he's fine. he just fell asleep." changbin answered back with a smile, muttering a quick thank you when he'd handed it over to him.

jeongin watched as changbin gently placed the medicine beside his bed, now staring at hyunjin's drained expression. "what happened?"

the older said nothing for a moment, a certain thought continuously running through his head from a while ago. hyunjin had asked him if he could trust him? that was sudden. changbin never thought he'd ever be asked that, ever.

"he told me he stayed up all night in the cold." he then replied, unable to stop thinking about what he said moments ago.

"what? why? does he have insomnia?" jeongin questioned unknowingly, not knowing the answer to his own curious questions.

"you don't have to worry about it. he'll be fine, he just needs to rest for a bit. thanks for bringing the medicine, i'll give him some after he wakes up." changbin said as he smiled to jeongin.

jeongin nodded moments later, eventually smiling back. "okay, well. i'm gonna head back to work. are you just gonna stay here with him? what about your work?"

"i think i'll just stay here with him for a while. he didn't want me to leave anyways." changbin responded, unknown eyes staring at him.

he nodded once more, widening his smile in understanding. "i see. i hope he gets better, it's not common treating a sick prisoner."

"yeah i know." changbin smiled at him, his head turning back to hyunjin.

it wasn't long until hyunjin slowly opened his eyes, slightly wincing from the sudden bright light. he was then met with a banging head, soon realising what just happened. did he just fall asleep all of a sudden like that? while asking changbin?

'officer...' was the first thing hyunjin thought, instantly whipping his head around the room.

where was he? did he already leave the room? was he too busy working to even take care of him? hyunjin didn't know what it could be, but he'd really wanted to see him again.

soon frowning sadly, he eventually pouted seconds later. he was still a bit sick but better than before, he was sure that his temperature had gone down a bit. it didn't feel like earlier.

as he continued to sulk about the absence of the older, he didn't seem to realise the sudden sound of the door opening, soon entering changbin. the moment he saw hyunjin wide awake, he didn't hesitate to walk towards him.

"are you finally awake? how are you feeling now?" changbin questioned, causing hyunjin to immediately swift his head towards him.

this made him smile widely at the relieved sight of him, unable to take his eyes off him. "officer! where did you go? i was worried you went away."

"i had to make sure i was still doing my work. i didn't just wanna stay in this room the whole day to take care of you." changbin spoke, shaking off the fact that he'd just avoided his other question.

"oh that's okay! i'm so glad you're here now." hyunjin widened his smile, watching as changbin was now stood before him.

"how are you feeling?" changbin asked once again, repeating his previous question.