36

as minho carefully listened into changbin's conversation with the boss, nothing but frustration and anger came rushing to him. what the fuck is going on? why is changbin getting the offer and not him? just why?

he was sure he worked the hardest, way harder than everyone. but yet, why the fuck is he not getting it? was there something changbin have that he doesn't? if so, what is it? what was preventing him from getting it?

with nothing but anger and confusion in minho's head, he eventually pulled away and walked off, unable to hold back in. as he stomped his way, he gritted his teeth as he gripped his fist tightly. there's no way changbin's gonna get it, if only there was a way.

"seems like someone is pissed." a sudden voice snapped minho back into reality, causing him to whip his head towards the owner of the voice.

"what the fuck did you say?" he growled, causing the male to move away.

"woah, chill. i'm just saying." the male lifted both his hands in the air as defence. "what are you even pissed about anyways?"

minho took this moment to calm down, only taking a deep breath in and out. after moments of silence, he then glared down at him. "it's none of your business, stop talking to me." and with that, he was about to walk away when the voice stopped him soon after.

"what if i, help you out?" minho turned his head back, slightly taken aback by what he had said.

"what?" he muttered at him.

"you, want something don't you?" the male reasoned, making minho remain silent. "what is it? i'll help you out. but, of course, it comes with a price." he lightly chuckled.

this made him pause for a moment, countless questions forming in his head. would it really be a good idea to have a criminal help him out? but then again, what if he's useful? who knows? maybe he can come to some use.

with such thoughts forming in his head, minho only stared cautiously at him. "and how would you help?" he finally asked.

only making the male smirk in satisfaction. "first, what do you want me to help you with?"

"the offer," minho finally said. "to be a detective. but that bastard changbin is getting it instead."

"and what if, i have it?" he asked, causing minho to raise his eyebrows. "what if i have something you could use against him? that way, you can get rid of him and get that offer."

the moment minho heard that, he only blinked slowly. "what? you have something against him? how? what is it?"

"evidence that he did something against the rules," the male smirked. "so? are you up to it?"

minho thought for a moment, wondering if he should do it or not. but then again, maybe the male is his last resort. at this point, he has nothing to lose. "and?" he asked him. "what do you want in return?"

"me?" the male scoffed soon after. "i want chan hyung."

"what?" minho stared at him in disbelief. "are you crazy? that's against the rules!-"

"do you really care about that in this situation? it's either you drop that or your chance to get the rules. choose wisely." he said. "plus, it seems like that officer also broken the rules. so?"

this made the older pause for a moment, eyes soon changing moments later. "deal. you better not do anything suspicious or deal's off."

"of course," the male only smirked. "i keep my promise."