Socializing pt3

Magsimula sa umpisa

I had to pretend to be surprise by that information.

Me: Really? You and Qing?

Theo: (casually flipping his hair) Yes. Me and Qing. Can you imagine?

Me: (flat tone) No I can't...

I really can't because the thought of Qing with another man, doesn't matter if its Theo or anyone else, just seems ridiculous. Its an image that makes me want to go to Qing, drag him somewhere we can be alone and me telling him every reason why being with anyone but me will be harmful for Qing's health.

(Harmful for Baba's health?)

He will die. By my hands if he ever think of being with someone else but me. Yes, Qing's possessiveness finally made a complete home on me. It has rubbed on me a hundred percent.

(LOL Dayu, you and Baba are the same now)

Yeah...it's a dizzying emotion. Me feeling possessive of Qing.

And Theo is still talking.

Theo: I'm glad that match didn't come through. I could never see the wisdom of me being with someone like Qing.

Me: Why? What does Qing seems to you?

Theo: (looking at me) I don't know. He seems overwhelming. Intimidating. Set on his ways. Uncontrollable.

Well...he is not wrong there. Qing could be all that. But being overwhelming, intimidating, rigid and uncontrollable doesn't encompass all of Qing. Qing is also loving, patient, generous, kind, supportive and great in bed.

(The last one is important?)

Sex is important in any romantic relationship. I know some couple would say its not so, I respect their stand, but in our relationship...sex is important to me and Qing.

Me: He could be that way but...

Theo: (not listening to me) I just know Qing and I won't suit.

Me: Right.

Theo: (staring at me) How do you do it though? Be with him?

Me: I...don't know. I just stay with him.

Theo: (nodding) Hmmm, I see. You must have a large storage of patience or you are someone comfortable letting the other party be in control.

Okay...can we pause here for a moment? Because really, I did so many reflections and discovered many revelations on myself when I think about that he said.

Comfortable in letting others be in control.

Hmmm, lets see. If I will be completely honest, yes...I am quite comfortable letting others be in charge or make decisions about certain things. I mean, I don't have to have the last say on everything. I am fine being the follower and taking the backseat. But there is a certain thing you need to have for me to be comfortable following you and let you be in charge.

I have to trust you. That's why I am okay letting others be in charge because I trust their judgments. And if there is someone I explicitly trust with his judgments, its Qing. I could say this in confidence, I sometimes trust Qing on certain matters more than I trust myself. So yeah, there are moments I let Qing be in charge of our relationship.

But if you all start thinking that Qing runs this show, wow...you should tell him that. Because for Qing...

Qing: You had me wrapped around your little fingers. I am practically your puppet. To get me to say yes to moving your plants around in the balcony and kitchen...