The Missing Wallet pt2

Qing's wallet is missing and he still has to find it.

Qing: You won't help me look for it, right?

Me: (shaking my head) Nope. I am so done looking for your things for you. You lost them, you find them. That's my motto. You know what? I will make that my official New Year's Resolution for next year. Letting you find the things you lost. No more looking for them for you.

Qing sighed and thats all he could do. Because we both know the truth. I'm the one who usually look for the things he lost. Since we started living together, I lost count of the times Qing lost something and I was the one who ransacked our place to look for it. I thought, I couldn't trust Qing to flip our condo while looking for his lost items, he doesn't know how to put things back where they should be.

So I did it. I do the looking for him. But not this time. This time he can look for his wallet alone. He earned that right.

Me? I will go to the kitchen and fix snacks because arguing about why I don't have a pic of Qing in my wallet made me hungry.

I was about to do just that but then...

Qing: (ever so casually) The thing is, there was a sweet dedication on the back of your picture in my wallet. That's why I don't want to lose the picture as well.

Me: (backtracking) A sweet dedication, you say?

Qing: (sighing and nodding) How did it go again? Uhm...its...you are...hmmm, I can't remember how it went.

Me: (grabbing his collar) How can you not remember the sweet dedication you wrote at the back of my picture in your wallet?! How? Why?!

Qing: (gently pulling my hands off his collar) (holding my hands) What can I do? I can't seem to remember it. Maybe if I will find my wallet fast, we can see the dedication I wrote at the back of your picture.

Me: (pulling my hands from his hold) No! You are saying this to try and make me help you look for your wallet. You are lying. There is no sweet dedication written there. You liar...

Qing: (eyebrow rising) You are calling me a liar? Me? After you lied about having my picture in your wallet. By the way, I never bought your lie. I saw right through your act from the start. That was not your finest acting moment, my Love.

Me: (pouting) I know. I didn't try really that hard.

Qing: Tsk tsk...and you call yourself an actor? Shame on you.

Me: (glaring at him) Even so...I will still not help you look for your wallet. You do that yourself.

Qing: (sighing sadly) Then I guess its lost to me. My money, my cards, my ID...your picture with a sweet dedication written at the back of it. Sad...

I stared at Qing balefully. He sighed again. I kept on staring. He blinked at me. I groaned in frustration. He smiled at me. I glared at him again.

Me: I hate you.

Qing: (wide smile) Shall WE look at the walk in closet first?

Me: No. We should look at different places at the same time. Cover more grounds. Do you remember what you did after you went home last night.

Qing: Oh...I think I was on the phone with Zhu gege last night when I got home late. He was asking about something. I took off my jacket and hang it on the walk in closet. Then I changed my clothes and ended that call. I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and gurgle mouthwash. And then I went to bed beside you. That's it.

Me: Hmmm...

Qing: And I might have also went to the kitchen go drink water. I just can't remember if I did that after or before I changed my clothes.