Friends

Have you ever watched a comedy skit when someone got home late and they didn't open the bright lights, someone spoke behind them and when they turned around, they screamed because they thought they saw a ghost but it turns out its just their mother or sister with a face mask on?

Well...that's a long scenario. And it happened to us. Two nights ago, Qing came in late and when I asked where he has been, he turned around and screamed in fright when he saw me.

Qing: (grumpy) I didn't scream. I made a startled sound which is understandable under the circumstances because I thought I saw IT's Pennywise in my home.

Me: You screamed.

Qing: I didn't.

Me: You did too.

Qing: I did not. And that's the hill I will die on, Dayu ah. Now write that on your diary.

Me: Whatever.

He screamed. And quite loudly too. It was funny.

The whole thing happened like this. Two nights ago, Qing messaged me that he'll be home late but I should still eat my dinner and take my vitamins even though he is not there to monitor me. He is worrying because my appetite has been off for a couple of days now. I think I will go down with a flu even though I just had a flu shot.

Anyways, so I ate dinner and took my vitamins. I also cleaned up myself and washed my face thoroughly because I planned to try the new face mask the Goddess gave to me. Its one of her beauty clinic's most popular product and I haven't tried it before. I want to try it because I noticed that my face is oily and thats just yucky.

So I cleaned my face and slapped on the face mask. But then I noticed something when I checked myself on the mirror. My face looked blank so I decided to draw on the mask.

(You did what?)

Just...put some color on the mask. It's color is plain white so I decided to put a little color on it.

Except I got inspired to draw a Joker's face on it.

Qing: Was it the Joker? Its more Pennywise, Dayu ah.

Me: I guess I might have enjoyed painting on the mask.

Qing: What did you use to paint it up anyways?

Me: Water color and make up. I taped the mask on my face so it won't move around that much while I am coloring it. It took me almost two hours to be satisfied with the final result.

Qing: (dryly) Time well spent, I don't doubt.

Me: (grinning) Yes, time well spent indeed. Your reaction to it is giving me a reason to do it again. My only regret was I never had a chance to film your reaction. It will surely kill on the next time our friends and us get together. (an idea struck on my head) Should we do it again? This time lets video your reaction.

Qing: It won't be authentic anymore. Besides, I just reacted a little about it.

Me: You screamed. Like a little boy.

Qing: I did not. And we will not do this again.

He screamed. After I spent almost two hours painting colors and drawing the Joker's face on the mask...I heard Qing getting in. I checked the clock, it's almost midnight so I went out to ask him what took him so long to get home. To be honest, I even forgot that I have a mask on until Qing screamed upon seeing me.