Homebound

I popped into my hometown for a quick visit. I needed to recharge for a bit from too much work. I was shooting two projects and I had several photoshoots so...I feel a little exhausted that when I was afforded a little break, I quickly hop on a plane to go home to Mama's cooking and some Heilongjiang energy.

Qing wanted to come with me but he too has engagements he needed to fulfill. So I regretfully kiss him farewell with a promise that I will eat his share of Mama's cooking.

Qing: You are cruel.

Me: Stop whining. Mama will surely pack some food for you. She will use me as the delivery guy to feed her favorite son.

Qing: Which is still you.

Me: (laughing evilly) I will ask her to pack something extra for you.

Qing: (sighing) I want to go there to ski.

Me: I will bring home some snow for you.

Qing: (thoughtful) Maybe I should buy a skiing resort. What do you think?

Me: I think I need to leave before my flight left without me...so bye bye...

I kissed Qing, reminded him to behave and took my luggages towards the main door. Qing followed me, snorting.

Qing: Me, behave? I should tell that to you. Your bestfriends are in Heilongjiang. You three are gonna have a reunion and the world should be afraid.

Me: My friends and I are cool and behave.

Qing: No and...no.

Me: Whatever. I love you and goodbye...

Qing: I think that's a title of a drama or something. Probably with a melodramatic plot.

Me: (sighing) Don't be weird just because you miss me already.

Qing: (smiling) I do. I miss you already. Don't go.

Me: Yeah...no. Bye.

And with another kiss, I left Qing to go to the airport and take my flight to go home to the place where I was born and raised.

Heilongjiang. Gotta love this place. Its cold and its cold. Basically it's just cold but with lots of cool things and warm people. We have a provincial mindset but we get with the time.

I love this place with every fiber of my being. Don't tell Qing this but I plan to retire in this place. Not in Beijing. I plan to spend my doddering age on this cold but endearing place.

(But what if Baba wants to remain in Beijing?)

He can remain in Beijing while I will stay in my hometown. We will have a long distance retirement.

(LOL, and you don't want to tell Baba because...)

Because he will turn ballistic. You know the man, he doesn't want any space between us. It's sweet but also weird. But its mainly sweet so I just let him be. Like I said before, the secret to my lasting relationship with Qing is I let the man do whatever he wants to do, in return, I get to do what I want to do. A happy Qing is an indulging Qing...Qing could overlook many of my crazy antics because I also overlook all his weirdness.

By the way, that's a free advice to all of you. Another advice, find someone with weirdness you can tolerate to overlook. If your partner's weirdness is that they are a serial killer...do I really need to explain this? Don't make me explain this or I will whoop a lot of you.

Leave that person, please! Or better yet, report them to authority, by the heavens...you all made me say it.

Anyways, my parents are ecstatic to have me. With the way Mama and Baba hugged me you will never guess that just a few months ago, they are so ready to erase my name on the family registry. But alas, we overcome that obstacle and they love me the best again.