Confrontation Pt2

I expected it to be thrown away. I expected Qing to turn the ring back to where he bought it. Heck, I even expected him to give it to one of his friend (which technically what he did because ZhiMing is a a dear friend to us) to be used to propose if one of his friend is thinking of marrying their sweethearts as well but I never expected Qing to give the ring away with a proposal attached to it.

I didn't expect him to propose to another person, so close to when he proposed to me and received a rejection. You think a man would be traumatize about proposing yet here is Qing...he proposed again. Unbelievable.

He is killing me.

Me: ZhiMing said yes to the ring?

Qing: I don't care if he said yes. I am marrying him.

Oh my God! I am close to hyperventilating, I can feel it.

I waved my phone on his face.

Me: Know what? I will just call him.

Qing: (snorting) Do that while I finish packing up my stuffs.

Me: (patience snapping) DON'T YOU DARE PACK ONE MORE THING! ENOUGH WANG QING, ENOUGH! YOU STAND THERE AND DO NOTHING WHILE I TALK TO ZHIMING OR I SWEAR TO OUR MOTHERS' NAMES QING, I WILL MURDER YOU AND THEN KILL MYSELF AFTER! LETS GET MARRIED IN HELL, WHY NOT?!

I felt my throat straining after shouting at him but that stilled Qing on his stand so yay for me. I took that small win before I dialed ZhiMing's number and waited for him to answer. ZhiMing voice came on the other line after the second ring.

ZhiMing: What in Hades is going on with Qing?

Hellos are wasted on us.

Me: (sniffing) Where is my ring?

ZhiMing: Oh so that was your ring. I knew it. It's not with me. I send it back with Qing after he drunkenly staggered into my home last night, proposing that we tie the knot. He almost gave me and my princess a heart attack. Miss Daisy was stressed, Dayu ah. She is not used to too much excitement in our home.

Me: No? Well, what about when your French Lover visits you there?

ZhiMing is sort of dating this guy. He is definitely sleeping with him. But the terms on their association is still too loose that defining it will be a waste of everyone's time. Much like the relationship of LiPin and Jin.

By the way, why are the people around me subscribe to this kind of dating? What the hell? ZhiMing is clearly not ready to discuss his French beau to anyone. He is like a porcupine with his needles all standing up when the guy was mentioned to him in any conversation.

ZhiMing: (annoyed) Stop with the French Lover already. And Miss Daisy likes him. They...are fond of each other. And no, before you ask, French Lover is not out to steal my cat. He comes here for my dick and ass.

Me: You called him French Lover.

ZhiMing: I hate you right now for distracting me...

Me: In fairness to me, you are easy to distract nowadays. I just have to mention anything French...

ZhiMing: Shut up and tell me about Qing! What is going on?!

Me: Your friend is experiencing the steps on grieving. Right now he is angry.

ZhiMing: Oh, really? Why? Wait...don't tell me that one of my guesses was right.

Me: What was your guess?

ZhiMing: That he proposed to you and you rejected him. (a hesitant pause) That...you didn't, right?

I didn't answer. Cause silence means yes in most cases. Definitely in this case, it's a yes.