Chapter 14: Monster and Miss.....

Gazing out through the window, and watching as the first golden touch of dawn kissed the deep night sky, Raniya suddenly felt she has no feet just because of stark numbness.

She was standing there for more than an hour, fixing her eyes on some invisible spot.

Tiredness was oozing out from every pore of her body but she was standing like it's her penalty for any mistake she committed.

The innocent face of Abi was the only image, her mind playing on a reel.

She took a sharp breath in, leaving the previous spot her pupils shifted to the sky where the morning star was ready to take leave gladly with the next day appearance pledge.

Hence someone entered the room.
Raniya was motionless. She didn't mind checking who showed up at this hour, and why?

"Rani! Meri Chanda soi nahi?" Sheema trudged towards her, and finding no answer or even any stir, she continued, "aj Kafi bujhi bujhi performance di tune! Teri Umer mai to mai Sarooj ki tarah nachti thi! (You still awake? Your dance was quite dull today, at your age, I used to dance with full fervor)

No answer.

"Log yeh matmi soorat dekhnay nahi atay. Badan to hathni bhi hila leti hai. Humko pooray naz o andaz se sahib log ka mann lubhana parta hai!" Sheema spoke sternly this time.
(People don't come here to see this mourning face. Even if an elephant shakes her limbs that are not considered as dance! You have to show your full frolics around the audience)

Raniya was still unmoved.

This silence of Raniya maddened the old whore, "Are you listening, what I said?" Shoutingly she turned the girl to herself with a jerk.

A pair of ruddy eyes now fixed on Sheema.

"Naseeb e dushmana, teri tabiyat kharab to nahi....abhi kuch din pehly to tu Maheena nahai hai?" The worried expression on Sheema's face showed Raniya's worth in her eyes.

She was the gem of her clan.

With high market value, she was in demand these days, and Sheema doesn't want to be harsh on her.

(Destined to the enemy, maybe you are not feeling well. I remember some days ago you took your purifying bath after the monthly cycle)

Raniya replied nothing just stared at her with a chilled expression.

"Am I barking here?" After some seconds wait, Sheema went crazy as she screeched.

"Where is Abi?" Eventually, Raniya erupted.

"What?" Sheema grimaced.

"Where Is The Poor Girl?"
Raniya repeated this time with great intensity.

"Since when have you been found me likable enough to interrogate like that?" Sheema asked with a sinister expression of countenance

"What do you think of us? You don't cater us to humans, nor animals but a mere object! We do breathe, we also feel pain and we too break! So what do we do when the grief has been so unbearable that we feel? You want us to be like winding dolls, no matter how much we feel disgusted, we have to demonstrate merriment just to fill your pocket!" Raniya uttered with all the depth of sorrow in her voice.

Sheema for few seconds kept staring at her with a scowl on her face then spoke.

"What a thankless brat! You are living like a princess here, with platters full of food. The dress you wear in the function costs about a middle-class family's whole month's income. The cosmetics you use are made in Korea on our special order. Other than that the area you are living in, is counted as one of the most elite locality. Just think about the slums, wherein the name of the audience, men come wearing cheap scents, with a full bottle of oil in hair. Their mouths stuffed with toxic tobacco with saliva dripping from the corner. Some of them under a high dose of desi tharra (locally made cheap wine) applaud you with vulgar phrases and when you dance they gradually start to hop with you, in search of an opportunity to grope your boobs anytime. They become so close that you can feel their arousal against your àss....and-"