Chapter 12: The Saviour

🎵Husn e Janaa ki
tareef mumkin nahi...
Afreen...Afreen... 🎵

Mesmerizing the voice of Late Ustad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan echoed through the enormous gallery for the fashionistas.
The long ramp was inundated with fairly tall models, whose necks were as straight as a mast. Their faces more resemble Madame Tussaud's dummies, perfectly chiseled and cold.

Kunan felt bored by looking at their curveless bodies, he ignited his cigarette but soon he got a nudge from Tipu who was pointing at his sidewall. Kunan followed his gaze and found a no smoking sign in bold letters. He took two quick drags, dropped the cigarette, and crushed it out with the heel of his boot.

"Can you tell me now, why are we here?" Kunan asked seriously

"Man, model hunt! I just want a perfect model for your event!"

"I asked you to cover the whole event with your camera skills but here you started showing your hurtful ass!" Kunan gritted.

He just hired one of his photographer friends to cover his desert safari event.

Tipu laughed, "Man, you won't understand it now but inserting some glamour to this dry event will add more stars to my shoot. Now, look at each of them, the one you like I will book her promptly."

"They are looking the same to my eyes!" Kunan said insipidly.

"Ok look at the one who is coming at third number. She is Ruby who has been toplining the fashion world for so long-" "rejected!" Kunan spoke at once.

"Ok...look that one in an emerald green dress, she is one of an award-winning model. With her lofty height, hard work, and sustained figure, she’s got an admirable number of fluttering feathers settled profoundly in her hat. Her name is gina!"

"Better book some she-camel for event shoot but her!" Kunan rejected that model too and fished his phone out.

Tipu sighed, "Ok, man, one more I will show you. she is gonna give her couple entry in bridal couture. She is  swiftly making her way around the industry,  appearing in frontrunning magazines!" Tipu enthusiastically informed.

"You better decide yourself, I need to leave!" Kunan felt extremely uninterested. He didn't like hangers wearing clothes.

"Wait, dude, your ex is also here, Anita!" Tipu played a trump card to stop him.

"How do you know she's my ex?" Kunan felt anger boiling inside.

"I've heard, her backchatting everywhere. Being a big mouth, she spoke alot of her love affairs, not a whit of shyness, albeit she sounded pretty tepid and convenient. At least what I've heard so far."

Tipu felt Kunan's mood sudden change. Feeling his silence, he continued, "she is one rebellious with social norms. Her black and white series went viral, and while many condemned it, but on the other hand it garnered funding for its artistic and novice practice!"

As Tipu concluded, Kunan got up without any word and left the fashion house.

"Idiot!" Slamming the door of his Porsche he cursed and twisted the key in the ignition.

He raced soon after engine revved up and Porsche arrogantly vacated the parking lot.

He was accelerating the speed with every passing moment. Some serious need of alcohol he was into.

Soon the club premises appeared, he curbed the engine and got off the car after yanking key from the ignition.

Guard let him in without demanding any identity proof. The bachelor exuded an aura of authority and power.