35. Adventures of SSO and So -rr -y

Começar do início

Kalyani knew all but one thing. If she was there, she won't let Shivaay insult Dev like he insulted Mallika months ago.

***

"Shivaay, please," Annika uttered.

He made her sit on the passenger seat and closed the door. Then he sat on the driving seat beside her. A text was sent to Rudra saying Take care of Dadi. I will call both of you when the situation is under control in the hospital. Dadi can meet Prinku as well. And don't tell Dadi about things going on between me and Annika. I hope you understand. Take care.

Annika stared at Shivaay's emotionless face while he drove out of the mansion.

***

The media buzzed outside the hospital like bees around honey. After parking, Shivaay walked out of the car and marched towards the front of the hospital. Annika followed him. She could easily take the chance to escape him. She chose otherwise. A part of her heart had unwillingly started to reside inside Shivaay. For the sake of that very part, she couldn't leave.

When she caught up with him, the paparazzi circled Shivaay.

"Is it true that Ms. Priyanka Singh Oberoi tried to suicide?" a reporter asked pretty foolishly on his part.

"What made her take the decision?" another journalist asked.

"We also heard that you and your wife are living separately for quite some time," a man dared to speak, "It's only three months to your marriage. Are you considering divorce?"

"Ms. Oberoi's suicide and Mrs. Oberoi's leaving the mansion, are these anyhow related? Is it related to your property worth billions?"

Shivaay stood there in shock. They were going live. He had no option to bribe the media. Whatever they asked, he had to answer right now. Else their reputation will be at stake as if it was not already.

"In that case, the deal between Oberoi and Kabeers, your current position as the acting CEO of Kabeer industries, will all these anyhow be affected?"

"Our sources say if you get divorced, you won't receive any alimony from Mrs. Oberoi, a smart businessman like you won't make that decision. Then why?"

"Stop it!"

To everyone including Shivaay's shock, it was Annika who yelled in front of the public for the first time. The same girl who needed Shivaay's arms around her to stand in front of them until last month.

"You are saying whatever is coming into your mind and expect us to reply forgetting our privacy? What is between me and my husband is ours. Ours! Can I not go to my paternal home and live there for some time? It doesn't mean I have problems with my husband. What if the mansion is empty? I grew up there. It is my right to go and live there and not have stupid rumors spreading around. And about Priyanka, we will be releasing a statement very soon. Then you can post it anywhere you want and increase your TRPs," a furious Annika replied.

"Let's go, baby," she linked her arms with Shivaay and entered the hospital.

***

Once they were out of the privy eyes of media, Annika left his arms. Shivaay contemplated for moments about how to thank her. And apologize. He never thought that she will side with him like that. He was glad they were on the same page in at least one thing. They both knew how to keep things private between them.

Annika moved away when he tried to reach her.

"Annika," it came out like a gasp.

"Since we are here, I think, we can meet Prinku. Om must be tired sitting beside her all night," Annika said making Shivaay realize something. He had to think of Omkara too. He did not want to leave Annika for a moment, but Omkara deserved a break.