Chapter 30

Aubrey POV

I woke up the next morning and I was nervous. I called Sandra last night. She told me to be careful.

It was October so it was chilly outside. I dressed in warm clothes and headed to the cafe. MaryAnn texted me and said she had a day planned out for the girls and she would bring Violet home around dinner time.

I arrived to the cafe but before I could enter I saw a car pull up next to me. Alessandro rolled down the window. "Get in Aubrey" he said.

"I thought we were going to the cafe" I said.

"we have a lot of thing to discuss and we can't discuss them in public can we?" He said raising his eyebrow.

"Ok" I said and went inside his car. "Where are we going to talk then?" I asked him. "I could of just met you there" I said.

"My hotel room" he said.

"Alessandro I don't think that's a a good idea." I said staring straight ahead.

"It's the only place we can talk in peace." He said.

"Fine" I answered and looked out the window the entire way. We arrived at the hotel and entered the elevator. I clicked on the 20th floor.

"You remembered" he smiled.

I didn't say anything and waited for the elevator to get to the 20th floor. When the elevator opened Alessandro showed me the way to his room. Of course it was luxurious and bigger than my apartment. The balcony over looked the city. I walked inside and sat on the couch. Alessandro sat next to me. "So..." I said. "What would you like to discuss?" I asked him.

"Violet would be a good start." He said.

I sighed. "I don't know what you want me to say" I said.

"Well how about when you found out you were pregnant" he said.

"Ok well I was already here when I found out. I went back to work and about 3 months of being back, I noticed the symptoms. I did a pregnancy test and it was positive." I said.

"Why didn't you call me." He said.

I looked away. "Well the day after I found out I was pregnant, you announced your engagement. There was honestly no point in telling you." I said.

"No point in telling me? Really Aubrey. No point in Telling me?! She my daughter for Christ sake. I missed her birth. I missed her first steps. I missed her first words." He exclaimed. Standing up.

"Look Alessandro I'm sorry. I didn't think of it that way. Aside from your engagement, I just didn't want to put my daughter in danger." I said looking up at him.

He looked and me and sat down again. "I know thats what I used to do, but I'm done with that life now" he said.

"What do you mean?" I asked him.

"That's why I took so long to come back and look for you. I wanted to make my business clean. Like I said once before. Most of my business was clean. There was just a small part that wasn't. It took me almost two years but that part of my life is over. I knew it was dangerous to leave the business, that's why I said Bianca and I were engaged. I wanted my enemies to forget about you while I was in this long process. The engagement as never real. I paid her off" he said looking into my eyes

"Oh well I'm glad you're not involved with the mafia anymore. But just like that? How could it be so simple? How can you just leave?" I asked him.

"It wasn't simple. I cashed in all the favors everyone owed me and now I don't win as much as I did before, but it's honestly so insignificant. I would do anything for you" he said looking of me. All this was hard to process. Hard to believe. "I still love you, you know. I told you many times how much I love you. I did all this for you. I hope that you can believe me now" he said. I looked up at him. I stood up and walked towards the balcony and gave my back to him.

"I honestly don't know what to say Alessandro." I said. I was baffled. He's done so much for me. I feel like I definitely don't deserve him.

I could feel him walk up to me. "I know you hate my past. But I changed. I changed for you" he said. Those words made me melt. Words could not describe how I felt at that moment.

I finally turned around. Alessandro was looking right at me. "Alessandro, you shouldn't have to change your life for me. I didn't agree with what you did but..."

"Yes I did. That's what made you leave" he said looking at me.

I felt tears in my eyes. I hurt him. I hurt him so bad. "You're right I didn't agree with what you did. It gave me the perfect excuse to leave. But that isn't the I my reason. The whole time we were together I felt like I wasn't good enough for you. I still don't think I'm good enough for you. I'm not a model. I'm just a doctor. A plain Jane. I don't belong with someone like you." I said.

He whipped away my tears with his thumbs. "Aubrey. I'm the one who doesn't deserve you. You're such a sweet noble beautiful human being. You care about other people and you help everyone around you as much as you can. All I want in life is for you to Fall in Love with me" he said. "I don't care about anything else in works expect you and Violet" he said.

"Violet Grace" I corrected him.

"You named her after my mother?" He asked astonished.

I nodded. "I did. I named her after both of our mothers." I said. All of a sudden something came upon him. He came up to me and started kissing me. His kisses where full of hunger and lust. He picked me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. He put me against the wall and he deepened the kiss.

All of a sudden my phone ran. I released myself from him and ran to get my phone from the sofa. "Hello" I said.

"Hey Aubrey It's MaryAnn. I was going to drop off Violet but you're not home yet. Where you called into the hospital? Is everything ok?" She asked worried.

Shit what time is it? I lost track of time. I could see Alessandro staring at me. "No everything is fine MaryAnn, I'll be over there in 10 min. Sorry I lost track of time. I'll be home soon" I said hanging up. I looked at Alessandro. "I need to go pick up Violet." I said.

"I'll drive you." He said grabbing his coat.

"No it's fine I can Uber" I said.

"Nonsense, besides, I think it's time to officially meet my daughter don't you?" He said looking at me.

"I don't know" Alessandro gave me a worried look. I couldn't do this to him. "No you're right. Violet needs to meet her father" I said smiling at him. He smiled back and he drove me home. 

I told him to wait for me in the living room while I picked her up next door. I brought her inside the room. "Violet there's someone I want you to meet." I told her.

"I know him mama. He's from your work." She said.

"You're right he is, but he's also something else." I said. "He's your daddy baby" I told her.

"You're my daddy?" She asked Alessandro?

He nodded. "That's right Violet Grace. I'm your father." He told her. Violet immediately ran into his arms.

"I'm glad you finally found us daddy. I could tell momma was lonely." She said.

I started crying. This was my little family. I couldn't ask for anything more in life.