Chapter 21

Aubrey POV

My head was throbbing. My eyes were covered. I had no idea where I was. I was tied to a chair or something.

I heard someone come in. "I'm glad you're up" I heard a male voice say. "I was hired to beat the crap out of you." He said.

Panic was my first response. What was I supposed to do? "Are you going to kill me?" I asked him.

"Maybe. That depends on the orders I receive. Right now I'm just supposed to make a small clip to send to your love bird." He smacked me around a bit. I tried to not react to the pain. That's what he wanted. I resisted as best as I could.

At some point I blacked out. I was woken up by the man. "Wake up! It's feeding time." I resisted to eating but that man was strong and he shoved it down my throat. He would let me use the bathroom that was in a small room next door, everytime he was in the room, then he would tie me up again. That was the only time I had my blind fold off.

I would doze off every now and again. What was he doing this. He said someone hired him. Why?

I have no idea how long it's been. The man came in again. "Time to send another video" he said. He punched me around again. I don't know how much more of this I can take.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked him trying to hold back my tears.

"You're really asking me that question? That's what happens when you run with Cosa Nostra" he said and I heard him walk out again.

That's the second time I've heard someone say that. What did it mean?

Does it even matter? I might not live thru this.

I blacked out again. The pain was unbearable. I closed my eyes and prayed.

Alessandro POV

"What the hell happened to her?" I yelled at Leonardo.

"She was taken sir. Everyone was watching over you while you were giving your speech. She walked out and the camera shows someone knocked her on her head and ran away with her"

"How the hell could anyone let this happen!" I was beyond angry. Where was she? Where was my Angel?

The kidnappers were professionals. We couldn't track them down. I had everyone looking for her all over the city. I got home and trashed my office.

I need her. She's my light. If anything happens to her. I pushed the thought away.

Matteo entered my office "anything?" He asked.

"No!" I said pulling at my hair.

Then I heard my phone. It was a message from an unknown number. I opened it and it was a video. The video showed a masked man beating up Aubrey. "No!" I said and I thru the phone against the wall and started tearing everything apart. "No! No! No!" I yelled as I started breaking things.

Matteo called Leonardo and had him track down the sender. No luck.

I was going crazy. It's been 36 and we still haven't found her. They were beating her up.

This was all my fault. They took her to get revenge on me. This was common in my world. They killed my parents. They shot my brother. They kidnapped the love of my life.

Leonardo got me a new phone. I received another video. They were doing it again. They were beating her up. She was trying her best not to react. I could tell, but those assholes where doing their worst. My poor Angle didn't deserve that. When I get my hands on them, I'm going to break every bone in their body.

I went crazy again. I was in my room. I broke everything that was inside. Leonardo came in. "Boss I just saw the video they sent. I'm sorry for what they are doing to her, but they made a mistake. They accidentally showed a window. I think we know where they are keeping her" he said.

"What the hell are we still doing here?" at him and head towards the door.

My men had the area surrounded. We attacked and there was only two men inside. They were going to pay for what they did to her. My men took them to a car and drove off.

Aubrey wasn't in the room with them. "Find her" I yelled. I was looking for her like crazy.

"Boss over here" someone said. I ran over to him.

There was a hidden door. I opened it and ran inside. Aubrey was tied up to a chair. She was blindfolded and covered in blood and bruises. Those assholes are going to hell and back. They were going to wish they were dead.

"Aubrey, Aubrey" I said as I untied her. She was alive but unconscious. I picked her up and ran to the car.

We got to the nearest hospital in less than 5 minutes. I took her inside and she was looked at immediately. I was by her side the whole time. She still hasn't woken up.

The doctor finally finished examining her and writing down instructions and he finally came to talk to me.

"Well she's a fighter. She has severe dehydration, bruised ribs, four broken fingers on her left hand. And a possible cerebral edema, we still have a lot of tests to run. Like I said, she's a fighter." The doctor said.

"Will she be ok? What's the prognosis?" I asked.

"It's too soon to tell. We are going to treat everything she has. Have a little faith" the doctor said and left.

I sighed and went to go sit by her side. I wasn't going anywhere I was going to stay here until she woke up.