Chapter 11

Alessandro POV

I kissed her. I finally kissed her. Last night I finally did it.

I got a call this morning. I needed to go into the office early for an emergency meeting.

I walked inside and Leonardo put me on a video call. We were on different time zones so it had to be really early.

Leonardo went to get some things done. Then my secretary called me. Apparently Bianca was here and she insisted on seeing and she was going to make a scene if I didn't see her.

I sighed and told my secretary to let her in.

"Babe! I missed you" she said while walking in. She walked toward my desk and took of her shirt.

"Bianca I already told you to leave me alone." I told her.

"But babe! We have such a good time together" she said. She was leaning towards me. Ever since I met Aubrey I couldn't find any women interesting. They all seemed boring.

I never actually dated. I only had flings. I got up from my desk chair and sat on my couch. "Come on babe" she said and she sat on my lap.

Just then the door to my private elevator opened. The worst part was that it was Aubrey.

"I'm so sorry" she said with her eyes wide opened and she closed the door.

"Get the hell off me" I yelled at Bianca.

"Come on babe. Let's have some fun" she insisted.

I grabbed her by her neck and pushed her away. "Stay the hell away from me. If I see you again you're going to wish you were dead" I said. I didn't hurt women, but this girl pushed me over the edge.

What's worse is Aubrey saw. We just kissed. She must think I'm the worst.

I ran to the elevator. I looked for her but she was gone. The security footage caught her gabbing a cab and leaving. Unfortunately I couldn't get a license plate.

I called Matteo but he said he didn't know where she was.

I had my men looking for her all day, but nothing. I was at home waiting for her but she just didn't show up.

It was 9:30 pm and she still wasn't home. Then Leonardo came in and said that she had arrived in a cab.

I went to the front door to wait for her.

"Aubrey." I said as soon as she walked in.

"Mr. Moretti." She said. Not meeting my gaze. Great we are back to Mr. Moretti. I could tell she had been crying. Her eyes were red and puffy.

"Aubrey please let me explain look..." she stop me. She held out her hand.

She finally spoke "Mr. Moretti please remember that you are my boss, I need no explanation from your behalf. I do however have a favor to ask" she said.

"Whatever you need" I said.

"A friend is coming to visit me tomorrow. Can she stay in my room? If she can't I can get her a hotel room" she said.

"Of course she can stay here. She can stay in the room next to yours" I said.

"She Can start with me. I don't want to be a burden" she said.

"No it doesn't bother me at all and you can have those days off. I want you to have a good time with your friend"

"Mr. Moretti that won't be necessary. I can work and then spend time with my friend afterwards" she said. She was being so formal again.

The little progress I made vanished. "No. I want you to take those days off. Now please listen to me. Look what you saw today..." I tried to tell her.

She held up her hand again. "Look Mr. Moretti. I don't need and explanation, I am simply your employee and I'm honestly really tired. Thank you for letting me have a few days off. Now if you excuse me, I'm off to bed" she walked away. I sighed.

She was mad. Really mad.

Great just great. I thought.

Aubrey POV

I was so hurt by what I saw today. I got in the cab and asked the driver to take me to the nearest beach. When I finally arrived I sat in the edge and just looked at the ocean. I cried all day.

For a second I thought he liked me. I was so stupid. No one has ever liked you. Why would someone start liking you now? Especially a guy like him.

I spent the entire day at the beach. I finally decided to go home. I grabbed a cab and arrived at his home. He was waiting for me at the entrance. He tried to explain but I didn't want to hear it. It would just hurt more.

I did get permission for Sandy to stay and he gave me some days off. I left him and went to my room to shower. I was going to pick Sandy up tomorrow. I fell asleep crying thinking about how my life turned out.