Chapter 29

Aubrey POV

I woke up the next day in my PJs. Violet was jumping up and down from the bed and wanted pancakes for breakfast. I got up gave her a kiss and turned in the TV while I made breakfast.

We had breakfast and we were watching cartoons together. I heard a knock on the door. I opened the door and there I saw Kevin and his niece Marie. "Hi Violets mom" Marie said ran inside and hugged Violet.

"Sorry about her" Kevin said. Violet and Marie ran to Violet's room. I laughed and then I realized I wasn't decent. I had short and a tank top. I wrapped my robe around me.

"Come in" I said to Kevin. He Came inside and sat down on the couch.

"Sorry for barging in, we just got back from Dallas and the first thing Marie wanted to do was see her best friend" he said smiling at me.

"Aww that's so cute. It's fine Kevin, don't even worry about it." I assured him.

"My sister asked me to watch marie, and Marie insisted on coming over. I told her it was too early but she insisted much on coming and I caved in. " he said.

"It's fine. Violet loves to play with Marie." I said. Then I heard a knock on the door. "Give me a second" I said and stood up to answer the door. I opened the door and Alessandro came into view. "Alessandro what are you doing here?" I said with my eyes wide.

"What do you mean what am I doing here? We need to talk." He said.

"Now isn't a good time Alessandro. Let's talk later" I said.

"No Aubrey we need to talk now" he said. Just then Kevin came into view.

"Is everything ok Aubrey." He asked. Looking at me and Alessandro.

"Who the hell is this" Alessandro asked raising his voice.

"I should ask you the same question" Kevin said raising his voice.

Things were getting to heated. "Alessandro this is my neighbor Kevin." I turned to Kevin. "Kevin can you do me a big favor, can Violet stay with Marie while I talk this out with Mr Moretti here." I said gesturing towards Alessandro.

He looked at me "are you sure you'll be ok?" He asked me.

"I'm sure I will." I smiled at Kevin. "Girls please go to Marie's house, uncle Kevin is playing hide and seek" I yelled and the girls came running into the living and out the door. They didn't even notice Alessandro.

Before Kevin walked out he said "I'll be right next door if you need anything" I nodded and smiled at him and he walked out.

"Come in" I told Alessandro. Gesturing towers the living room.

"Who the hell is that guy? Why is he so comfortable around you and Violet?" He asked walking in.

"Is that really what you want to talk about?" I asked Alessandro, closing the door behind me.

"No i want to know why you didn't tell me?" He said.

"Tell you what?" I asked him.

"Don't play dumb with me. You know what. Why didn't you tell me I have a daughter." He said.

"She's my daughter." I said Turning around and give my back to him.

He stood right behind me. "No Aubrey, she's our daughter" he whispered in my ear. His whisper sent a shiver down my spine.

I turned around. "No Alessandro she isn't your daughter." I said.

He slowly corned me into the wall, his stare sent chills down my spine. "Really then who's the father? Is it that fellow at your door?" He asked me.

"What If he is?" I challenged him.

"I know your lying. Violet looks just like my mother" he whispered. I looked away. I felt bad for what I said. "You don't have to say anything. I know she's my daughter." He said. "Now Tell me. Why is another man so close to you and Violet. Look at you here in the living room wearing those small shorts and tank top. Are you trying to come on to him." He said.

I was shocked. I slapped him in the face "how dare you. How dare you come in here and insult me in my home" I said.

He touched his face. "I deserved that. I didn't mean to say that. It's just that I'm jealous. I don't want any other man to see you like this." He said looking down on me. I realized my robe was untied. You could see my small tank top and shorts. I covered myself with the robe again.

"Alessandro who I see or don't see is none of your business." I said.

"It's my business" he said looking intensely at me.

"No, it's not. You're engaged. IM sure you future wife wouldn't agree" I spat at him.

"Aubrey, I'm not marry Bianca. I just did that so my enemies wouldn't go after you" he said as he eyes softened.

"Alessandro what you do with your life, is your business. What I do with my life, is my business." I said.

"I beg to differ" he said and he kissed me. I did my best to push him away but he had both my hands over my head and deepened the kiss. I tried with all my might to fight him off but I couldn't. He finally let go of me and I wrapped my arms around his neck. He finally broke the kiss. We were both breathing heavily. "Oh how I missed those lips" he said and he kissed me again.

Just then I heard a knock on the door and I broke off the kiss and pushed Alessandro away. I went to open the door. It was Kevin. "Hey is everything ok in here? I heard yelling" he said.

"Everything was fine before you showed up" Alessandro yelled at him.

"Alessandro stop. Please leave. We can talk another time." I said gesturing towards the door.

"Aubrey" he said looking at me.

"Please." I said.

He sighed and nodded. "Here is my card. Call me. We need to talk" he said before walking out and glaring at Kevin.

"Where are the girls?" I asked him.

"My sister is with them. Is everything ok?" He asked. I nodded. "Is that the father?" He asked me again.

I nodded. "It is. He just found out that he's a dad." I said.

"If you don't mind me asking, why didn't you tell him?" Kevin asked.

"It's just complicated " I said.

"It always is. My sister is proof of that. Was he ever violent?" He asked.

"No nothing like that. It's just we weren't right for each other." I said.

"Ok, well if you need anything let me know." He said.

"Thanks" I smiled at him. "I should go get Violet now." I said heading to his apartment.

I said hi to MaryAnn and took Violet home. She wanted to play with Marie today but I told her it had to be on another occasion.

I called the babysitter and asked how her mom was doing, she was doing better, however she couldn't look after violet tomorrow.

MaryAnn came later on and asked if Violet and Marie could have a sleep over and if she could take the girls to the park tomorrow. I agreed and Violet went to her little friends apartment next door. I texted Alessandro. I told him to meet me tomorrow morning in a cafe to talk.

He immediately texted back. "See you there." He said