Chapter 5

Aubrey POV

I landed somewhere in Italy the next day. I don't even know how many hours the flight was.

The flight attendant asked if I needed anything and directed me to walk down the railing. There a car was waiting for me. The driver put my things in the huge black vehicle.

"Excuse me sir do you speak English?" I asked the driver.

"A little" he said in an Italian accent.

"Where exactly are we?" I asked.

I didn't know much about Italy but I knew a few cities.

"We are in Tuscany" he said.

"Oh and where is my apartment located? Is it close to here" I asked him.

"Apartment? Uhm, no, we go to house, it close from here" he said.

"Oh ok." I guess he rented me a house. I thought it was going to be something small. We drove around for about 20 min. Then we were pulling up to this beautiful vineyard.

We headed down the road and we stopped at this huge four story house. Scratch that, mansion.

"Can I get your name?" I asked the driver.

"My name is Lucca ma'am" he said.

"Lucca, I think you have the wrong place. I'm supposed to be going to a different house, where I will be staying. I think you made a mistake." I said looking at the house from the car.

"No mistake ma'am. Mr. Moretti said to bring you here when you arrive." He said.

"Well it looks like I need to speak with Mr. Moretti. Where is he?"

"Out on business, but he should be home soon." He said.

Just then Lucca opened the door for me. I tried to grab my luggage but someone from inside came and grabbed all my stuff. "Please leave my things. There is some kind of mix up. I'm supposed to be living somewhere else and I'm here." They completely ignored me and took my things.

"Please follow me" someone said to me. I turned around to say bye to Lucca but he was gone.

I walked inside. A maid guided me to a room. All my stuff was in here. They were unpacking for me. "Excuse me. Please stop. There's been some kind of mistake, please don't unpack my clothes." They paid no attention to me, it's like I was taking to a wall.

I decided to ignore them. I needed a shower. I just got off a long flight. I didn't plan on staying here but I sure could use the shower. I grabbed some clothes from the closet and walked into the bathroom. It was huge, just like the room.

When I walked out of the shower, everyone was gone. Well thank, goodness.

I decided to go to the kitchen to make myself something to eat. I was starving. I got lost, several times. This house was way to big.

When I finally found it, the maids didn't let me touch anything. They told me everything they had prepared and if I didn't like it they would prepare something else. I said whatever they made was fine. They guided me to a table, where I ate my lunch.

I decided to explore the place, since I had nothing to do, but wait for Mr. Moretti. I found a room full of books. It was amazing in here. I was looking thru the titles. There was original Jane Austin books. I felt right at home.

I was examining a book when a voice behind me startled me "well hello there doctor" I heard from behind.