Chapter 27

Aubrey POV

It's been three months since I arrived. I thought this was what I wanted. I was so emotional ever since I got back. I returned to the hospital and continued working at the pediatrics department I was in.

Sandra kept trying to cheer me up, I only faked happiness when I was with my kids but otherwise I was always miserable.

I was sitting home one day and I was eating my favorite Chinese food, when all of a sudden I got nauseous and thru up my dinner. I wasn't  feeling well these past couple of weeks, my symptoms seemed normal to me. Then it hit me. I haven't gotten my damn period. How can I of all people be so stupid?

I went to the Pharmacy and picked up a pregnancy test. I got home and did the test. It was positive.

I was pregnant. I was going to have a baby. The thought made me so happy. I loved children and now I was going to have one of my own.

I sent a friend a text message if she could see me tomorrow. She worked as on obgyn in the hospital where I worked. I did mental math. According to my last period a I was 16 week's pregnant. How the heck did I not notice? I guess my depression covered it up a bit.

The next day my friend Jazmine confirmed my pregnancy and said I was about 16 weeks pregnant, just as I thought. The ultrasound looked fine.

I went to the pharmacy and grabbed some prenatal vitamins. Then I headed to Sandra's place.

"You're pregnant?!" Sandy yelled at me. "How the hell did you just notice?!" She yelled at me again.

I sighed we were sitting at her couch. "I know I'm stupid. It's just that this depression got to me and I didn't pay attention to the other symptoms I was having." I said.

"Are you going to tell him..." before I could answer I was cut off my Sandys husband coming up the stairs.

"Honey did you see the news? The guy Aubrey was dating is engaged" he yelled and finally reached the top of the stairs.

"Ronald shut up" Sandra yelled at him.

"Sorry Aubrey I didn't know you were here." He said looking at me with guilty eyes.

"It's fine Ron. I had to find out at some point" I said. Sandy smacked him on the shoulder.

"Ow." He said. "I'll leave you ladies to talk" he said walking out of the room.

"I'm sorry about him" Sandy said looking at me. "Let's see if it's true." Sandy pulled out her phone and it was definitely true. It was all over the Media. Billionaire Alessandro Moretti was engaged to be married.

"Are you going to tell him?" She asked again.

"No I'm not. Especially after seeing this. I wanted him out of my life and he gave me that. He already found someone to share his life with, so I won't ruin this for him." I said. Sandra didn't say anything. She just hugged me. "Who is he marrying?" I asked her.

"Don't torture yourself Aubrey."  She said. I gave her a look and she showed me her phone. Bianca. He was marring Bianca.

"Well they definitely were meant for each other." I had nothing else to say. Sandy held me and I cried my eyes out.

I should of known. Those two were perfect for each other. That's doesn't matter any more. What matters is this baby drowning inside of me.

The months following my pregnancy went by in a blur. Sandra made me stay at her house. She didn't want me being alone. I was due any minute now.

I started getting contractions. I knew how this worked out. I called my friend Jazmine and let her know I was in labor. I took the time between my contractions. When they where 10 min apart I would head to the hospital. Sandy was by my side the entire time.

When the time came I went to the hospital and thankfully my baby was born shortly after. It was a girl. I named her Violet Grace after my mother and after Alessandro's Mother. However I didn't give her, her fathers last name. I didn't want her involved in that way of life. It was going to be just me and my little Violet from now on.