Chapter 1

Aubrey POV

3 years later

Working with children was the best thing that's ever happened to me. You see I have social phobia. I've had it all my life but I didn't know there was a name for it until I was in medical school.

It's very hard for me to socialize. I only have 1 best friend and that's Sandy. She's the only person on this earth who understands me. Everyone else thinks of me as mean or rude, when they don't realize that what I have keeps me from socializing. I loved being alone, except when I was with "my kids" as I called them.

I loved my little patients and I did everything in my power to help them.

Sandra got married 3 years ago. I unfortunately was the maid of honor. I would only do something like that for Sandy. She's the only person who I had left in the world. My parents died when I was 18 and now Sandy was all I had left.

It was currently 7 pm. I was almost finished with my shift. I was giving my patients one last check up, when I saw Tommy and his mom packing up. "Mrs. Keller, why are you packing up? I haven't discharged Tommy yet. He still need medical attention." I said.

She looked sad "well the director came by earlier and said he could go home, you see I don't have health insurance and he said Tommy would be fine with medication at home" she said.

I was mad "please don't leave yet Mrs. Keller, I'm going to chat with the director" I said.

To say I was furious was an understatement. How dare the director do this. He's done this before. Then my little patients come back in a worse state.

I've always hated confrontation, I only do it for my patients. I've had this conversation with the director before. He's the only person I've ever had to do this with. Even tho I hate to do this, when I find out my patients life is in danger. I can push past my phobia.

I knew he was holding a party in the roof. All the people who donated to the hospital were supposed to be there.

I was at the entrance and I hesitated for a second. I sighed, It's for Tommy, I thought.

I walked inside and I looked around.  The director was talking to some men in suits. Great. I thought.

I walked up to him. I tapped his back and he turned around "Dr. Gellar can I please speak with you for a second." I said.

His eyes widened "Dr. Emerson, I'm busy at the moment. Well talk later, this can wait" he said and made a gesture with his hand for me to go away.

"It can't wait Mr. Gellar, a patients life is at stake and I'm sure that's why these gentleman donate money to this institution, because they want to help people." I said gesturing towards them. I looked at the men, two of them seemed familiar, but I didn't give them much thought.

Dr. Gellar turned red and I could tell he was mad at me. "Dr. Emerson, I'll call you when I'm available. Now leave that's an order." He said. How dare he think I would give up that easily.

I was about to interject but one of the men did it for me "Dr. Gellar, this lovely doctor here needs your attention. We can surely wait a few minutes while you talk to her. I'm sure it's important" he said. I turned to look at him. He definitely looked familiar, I just didn't remember where I knew him from. He had an Italian accent and he was definitely handsome. Scratch that. Handsome was a understatement, but someone like me surely didn't know a guy like him.

"Your right Mr. Moretti, I'll be right back, gentlemen" he said and we walked to a corner. "Dr. Emerson this better be important" he said impatiently.

"It is, it's about my patient Tommy, you discharged him. He has severe pneumonia and needs to be under observation" I said.

"Oh dear lord is that why you pulled me from this party. Dr. Emerson, that boy is fine. He can go home with antibiotics" he said.

"No he can't, I'm his treating physician and you know that's not true. This is all about money. He doesn't have insurance so your kicking him out" I said.

"You don't have any proof" he said. My god this man was evil.

"Dr. Gellar if this patient dies, I'll testify to what happened" I said.

"Like I said, you have no proof, now leave before I fire you." He said.

I looked at him and narrowed my eyes. "I'm sure the lovely gentleman over there would like to know what's going on, maybe they can help my little patient if they knew whats going on" I said as I started to walk towards the direction of the men.

"Stop right there Dr. Emerson. Tell your patient to stay, but if you do this to me ever again. I can assure you, you won't have a job here any more" he said.

"Of course sir" I said and I walked away to tell Tommy the good news.

Alessandro POV

I was in Boston on business. My stupid brother wanted to come, but after what happened last time he came to the states I said no.

Every time I came, I met with various investors. I hated these meetings but they were necessary.

One of my investors has a charity event this evening and he insisted that I come. I tried declining but I wanted to close the deal so I accepted.

We arrived around 8 pm. It was such a bore. Leonardo was with me like he always was.

Phillip my investor, came up to us and introduced us to a Dr. Gellar. He kept on rambling about the hospital. I could care less. Then I saw a figure behind him.

She was wearing scrubs and a medical coat, she had no makeup on, had bags under her eyes and her hair was a mess. She was beautiful. That was her. I've been looking all over for her and she was here.

After the incident with my brother, my incompetent men couldn't find a thing about her. I've spent years looking for her, and here she was.

She was trying to talk to this doctor figure but he was blowing her off. How dare he. I interjected "Dr. Gellar, this lovely doctor here needs your attention. We can surely wait a few minutes while you talk to her. I'm sure it's important" I said.

"Your right Mr. Moretti, I'll be right back, gentlemen" the stupid doctor said. He walked away with her to a corner and they were talking.

I turned to Leonardo "that's her. How is it possible you weren't able to find her?" I whispered.

"She keeps a low profile sir, but now that we know about her, we'll get on it ASAP" he said. He grabbed his phone and started making some calls.

I was talking to Phillip when the doctor came back, "sorry gentlemen, duty calls, now where were we?" He asked.

"Actually Dr. Gellar I'd love a tour and I'd like to talk business with you." I said.

"Of course Mr. Moretti." He said.

"My secretary will call and set up a date with you." I said. 

"Of course Mr Moretti" he said.

I finally found my angel, and I wasn't planning on letting her go.