Chapter 15

Aubrey POV

I woke up the next day in Alessandro's arms. Thoughts of last night flashed before me. I blushed just thinking about it. I really should leave his room.

I tried to carefully pull away from him. Instead he pulled me closer to him. "Mmm and where do you think you're going?" He said.

"I was going back to my room" I whispered.

"Nope you're staying right here" he said.

"We have to head you to the clinic and I wanted to go out with the mobile unit" I said.

"Nope were staying here" he said.

"Don't you have meetings that you have to go to today?" I asked.

"They can be rescheduled." He said.

He turned me over and was hovering over me. "Are you trying to get rid of me?" He asked. He laughed and then kissed me.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him back. I was definitely getting used to this. Then we heard a knock on the door and it opened.

Oh no. I thought. It was Leonardo. There was no where to hide. "Sorry to interrupt sir but it's and emergency."

Alessandro jumped off the bed "let's go to my study" he said.

"Actually we kind of need the doctor. You see Matteo has been shot" he said. That's when I jumped out of the bed.

"Where is he?" I immediately asked.

"Downstairs in the living room. I would of called in a doctor but he's 45 min away and Matteo isn't looking good" Leonardo said.

I ran out of the rooms and I felt the two men come right after me. I ran to Matteo. He was loosing a lot of blood. He was shot in the arm. "I need a suture kit and everything thing I asked for last time immediately. You give me your shirt" I said to one of the men.

"Doc I'm dizzy" he said.

"I know you are. Give me a second. We need 1000 cc of O negative blood and 1000cc of saline solution. Can you get that? And I need a complete kit of IV equipment sat!" I said to Leonardo.

"Right away." He said.

I cut the shirt and used it as a tourniquet to stop some of the bleeding. Then I cleaned the wound and located the bullet it wasn't deep but it did hit an artery. I removed the bullet. I needed to work fast. I used my Kelly's and I was able to snip the artery. I used my suture kit to close it up. Then I cleaned up the wound and began to suture the wound. Then Leonardo brought me the blood and the solution. Matteo had good veins so it was quiet easy to in both IVs. After that I rechecked his vitals. His blood pressure was going back to normal and so was his heart beat, as well as his oxygen saturation.

All of this happened in a span of an hour. I didn't even realize how quickly time passed.

Matteo was moved to his room where fell asleep. He was going to be fine.

I then got up and realized I was still in a god damn robe. Oh my good. All these people just saw me in a god damn robe. I had forgotten all about Alessandro. I should brief him.

"Your brother is fine. He lost some blood but after this transfusion he should be ok. I was able to take out the bullet and suture the..." he cut me off my hugging me. I felt the room go silent.

"Thank you for saving my brother once again." He said.

"That's what I do. Save lives" I said. He finally let go of me. "I'm going to go upstairs and change. Then maybe someone can tell me what exactly happened. This is the second time I've had to suture someone in this house. That's definitely not normal" I said.

Alessandro didn't say anything. He had a serious face on. I walked upstairs and changed into some normal clothes.

When I walked downstairs the men had dispersed. Only Alessandro and Leonardo were in the room and they were whispering.

"Everything ok?" I asked.

"Yes everything is fine." Alessandro said once again with a serious face.

I went by Matteo's side. He was waking up. "How are you feeling?" I asked him.

"A lot better doc. Thanks. You saved me once again." He smiled at me. I smiled back.

"What happened Matteo?" I asked him.

"Umm well I got shot" he said looking away.

"I know that part but how did you get shot? People don't just randomly get shot you know" I said.

"We should probably let him rest" Alessandro said.

"Ok fine." I said. They were definitely hiding something from me. What was it? "I'll come check up on you in a bit" I told Matteo.

"Yeah I'm going to take a nap." He said. I walked out suspiciously. There's something going on. Why are they hiding it from me?

I need to talk to Alessandro and get everything straight.

I headed to my room and waited a bit for things to cool down.

Then I decided to go to Alessandro's office. I knocked on the door. "Enter" he said.

He was alone. Good. "Alessandro can we talk for a second?" I asked him.

"I'm busy" he grunted. He was acting so different from last night and this morning.

"Fine" I said. I wasn't going to deal with him.

Instead I decided I wanted me time. I called Lucca. I wanted to go to the beach. It always calmed me down.

We got there pretty quick. I walked down on the beach and sat in the sand. I looked at the waves. It looked so nice.

Alessandro was hiding something from me. I don't know how but I'm going to find out what that something is.

I drove back home and went to go check on Matteo. I told him that he needed antibiotics and pain medication. He grunted and said he hated medicine.

I walked back to my room and went inside. I hated crying but lately that's all I seem to be doing. Sandy was right. Relationships are complicated.