[132] - Milo x Reader

Start from the beginning

In contrast to his intimidating stature, the color of his hair was a soft Pecha pink. His face was even adorned with freckles that outshone his scariness. To stop yourself from judging people by their appearance, you proceeded with carrying out the favor that was bestowed upon you by the professor.

Other than the seminar room being slightly fuller than it was the year before, not much changed in your daily routine. You would start off the morning by helping out the professor if necessary, proceed to your individual research and ultimately take care of the school plants. Or that was supposed to be the case.

The freckled young man whose name was Milo often approached you instead of the teacher whenever he had questions concerning the course. Sometimes he would even strike up an unrelated conversation with you, although the talking was usually one-sided since you didn't speak a lot. Even though being talked to so much about trivial topics was quite overwhelming at first, you learned to come to terms with it, to the point that you even found the idle chatter enjoyable.

Of course, that didn't exactly mean that you had grown accustomed to his presence entirely.

You were just about to head to the greenhouse on campus with three heavy sacks of fertilizer when you flinched at the sound of your own name being called, almost dropping what you already had difficulty carrying. "[Name], would you let me help you out with those?"

"I-If you don't mind, I would appreciate that." You could only voice your gratitude when he took all the bags and clarify that they needed to be transported to the greenhouse when he enquired. Milo always wore short-sleeved shirts, so it's not like you had never seen his arms before, but the way he held the materials made his muscles ever so visible.

They looked so impressively refined for someone to have gained them at your age, which made you wonder if he worked out. You couldn't recall him mentioning anything along those lines in his past conversations with you though, and you were of course too shy to ask him directly. You didn't know why, but you had taken a liking to the young man, which drove you to always choose your words even more carefully in his presence.

"Thank you. You can put them down here for now. The professor said he'd take care of what's left." You said, gesturing to a certain area on the floor once you found yourselves on the interior of the small facility. "Is there anything else you need to do?"

"I wanted to see how the pothos are doing, so you can head back if you want to." Not wishing to waste his time or do things that disinterested him, you suggested that Milo return to his prior activities in advance. He had done enough when he helped you, after all. "It's fine, I'll come too if you don't mind."

Although you didn't know how to feel about his company initially, you didn't have anything against him quietly observing both you and the flora, especially since it didn't pose a hindrance to what you were actually meant to do. You kneeled down in order to take a closer look at the mentioned plant, examining its currently tiny leaves and the soil it grew on.

"Because it takes a long time to germinate, be careful not to overwater this one—" Without even realizing, you had begun giving Milo a few pointers. You only froze in your posture when he suddenly decided to get down to your level, his head resting very close to your own. He realized you had stopped talking due to his sudden gesture and instantly grew conscious of it. "I'm sorry! I got a little closer because I couldn't hear you quite well."

"Ah, no it's fine... I'm sorry for speaking so quietly." You retorted, watching the young man get back on his feet and rub the back of his head sheepishly. You had come across this train of thought before, but it was highly probable that Milo was actually a serious person who only looked a bit scary because of his height and broad shoulders.