[o12] - Proton x Reader

[ Slowpoke Business ]

----------------------------------------------------

In today's society various criminal organizations that were distributed all over the world existed, as if their primary purpose was to intimidate the majority of the population. Every region had at least one of them which dominated over certain areas, while places like Hoenn and Alola even had two to boast.

Being a member of such a group wasn't exactly something to brag about in your opinion, especially when a great part of people would think that something was wrong with your morals. Despite it all, you were a member of Team Rocket, a concern that reigned the underground business of both Kanto and Johto mainly, but had even a smaller scale of its representatives spread throughout the whole globe.

If someone were to ask, you would openly admit that you weren't precisely proud of the work you did for the organization. Though there were worse ways of making a living, so the guilt wouldn't consume your psyche for too long even when being aware of all your wrongdoings.

It had only been a few months since you officially joined Team Rocket, but you already had the mindset of a veteran in what concerned a specific selection of things. At the very top of the food chain was obviously Giovanni, the leader who was known for his coldheartedness and strive to prevail no matter the circumstances. Under his direct command were four admins: Archer, Ariana, Proton and Petrel.

Ever since meeting them, it had become your personal goal to climb up the ranks and stand on equal grounds as them. But truthfully speaking, it was only one individual in particular you were interested in catching up with, in order for them to view you as their equal. That person was none other than Proton.

Today would have been the best occasion to prove your worth to the turquoise-haired executive if only it weren't for the content of the business you were sent to take care of. Giovanni had put Proton and you in charge of one of his smaller-scale operations which involved obtaining a crazy amount of money quite in a small amount of time — easily but in a cruel manner.

The tail of Slowpoke were known to be worth a fortune, and where else would one find an entire horde of dopey Pokémon if not the Slowpoke Well near Azalea Town in the Johto region?

You found it evil enough to steal Pokémon from their precious trainers and sell or trade them for valuable items, but you had somehow always managed to see those operations through to the end. Cutting off Slowpoke tails was an entirely different story though — that was practically the same thing as cutting off a person's finger or ear.

While you and Proton were making your way through the peaceful town of Azalea, thoughts of insecurity filled your mind, causing your body to move more hesitantly. You were certain that a ton of people would agree with you — that wanting the person you had feelings for to view you as someone reliable was something normal and understandable — but you really had to examine your conscience if that meant taking something this far.

"[Name], you alright? You're shaking like a leaf. Getting cold feet?" Proton asked in a certain provocative tone, throwing your train of thought off course. Having caused your gaze to meet his, you couldn't help but frown slightly at the taller male, especially when you were driven to look at his mischievous smirk. "I'm not. It's just cold, that's all."

Using the frostier weather as a pretext, you countered the turquoise-haired young man, crossing your arms above your chest. Your excuse wasn't all that bad actually, and you had to admit that a few chills had raced down your spine several times since making your way to your destination due to the temperature. The reason of that was most likely the autumn wind, and the fact that you were wearing your short-sleeved Team Rocket uniform didn't really contribute to anything.