Home : I know now...

Of course Max wanted to know what I remembered. I only decided to give him the most exciting details of what I recalled and he told me the same thing Laila said, who from what I remember, didn't even see the whole thing, meaning she was just trying to tease me before. That darned spider! Anyway, once we left, it was after work. Now that I know everything I'd very much like to talk to Fate, so I headed home. After a hop, skip, and jump, I was at the door of my home. I've never been more nervous about entering my own place since I first came home after getting in my first fight when I was a teenager. I opened the door and entered. "I'm home." I called out, expecting to see Fate somewhere. Once I fully entered, I noticed a suit case on the middle of the bed. Wait was she leaving? I approach suit case and touched it. It was full of clothes. This was bad...I mean just when I found out about everything, why was she packed? We could talk about it now...but maybe I was too late? Mayne I didn't give her the attention she desired? Just then the bathroom door opened and Fate walked through. I went over to hug her tight right away. "Don't leave! Not just yet!" I told her. She seemed surprised by how I suddenly hugged her right out of the bathroom. She then hugged me back gently...patting the back of my head and rubbing my back a little. I didn't want to let go though, it felt like she was saying goodbye. If I let her go she'd go get something to write on and tell me she had to go. I wasn't ready to hear that yet! Still...it wasn't right of me to hold her like this. I mean I said all of those things on poor judgement. It's not like she ever took them seriously right? I slowly let go...feeling my heart breaking as I did. She slowly let go to and held the side of my face for a moment. After our moment she slapped my cheek somewhat gently twice and moved pass me. I didn't even realize she had nothing but a towel on. She then went and grabbed her phone that was not here before and started typing on it. She then showed me a message and it was exactly what I feared. "I have to go." I quickly retorted. "But why?! I don't mind if you stay here... Hey, I know what happened the might I met you now, we can talk about it and work something out." About midway through me talking to her, she started typing again. So once I finished she was already showing me the next message. I looked at it...and my face went from sad and worried to confused and surprised. It said "Well how else am I supposed to get the rest of my things?" It then hit me...I totally forgot she actually had nothing here. The mindflayer didn't give me the luxury of showing me what happened to her phone but more than likely, I broke it. Also I never seen that suitcase before. It was filled with stuff you'd need for daily use like deodorant and lotion and clothes. "Oh...right." And now I totally embarrassed myself. Before I knew it she was showing me another message. "So? How did you do about remembering everything?" oh right, I forgot I said that. All of this was just so overwhelming I ended up saying anything that came to mind. I explained to her the events with the mindflayer. It seemed like she understood as she grabbed my ear and it seemed like she was checking it out. "So, what I want to tell you is I'll do it seriously." Fate stopped tugging on my ear to type on her phone. She showed me "I wasn't really taking it all too seriously. You don't have to do all that. Just giving me a place to be for a while is enough." That was the problem though in my opinion. "It's not enough." I told her. "I want to do more for you Fate. Even if other people who won't want us to be together try to stop us. Even if the world tries to split between us or we're suddenly thrust into a zombie apocalypse. I want to be there with you the entire time. I want us to grow together." I told her...and she typed....then backspaced...then typed again, but erased it again...and she did it over and over. She must have been at a lost for words. I simply hugged her at that point. This Dulluhan with no head. I hugged her tight until she hugged me back. At that moment we didn't care about how my Altman hating parents would treat her, how her strict parents would react to me, how this baby that we didn't know what to do about would turn out, or if we'd ever find the father of the child. Right now we were just sure that we'd be with each other the entire time and that we'd support one another through it all.