Gym 2: A Ghost Attack

Well the fight had gone at least as the coach expected it. I didn't really know what to expect from the fight... I mean, I at least expected the guy to get a good hit on me once. Well I should review.

My opponent, Mark, was unimpressive. The bell rang and I got in position to fight. Mark did too and closed in on me quickly as expected. He seemed serious about coming at me. It's just a practice match though. Normally in these matches, there wouldn't be any kind of intimidating atmosphere. This time however, it feels like a real fight is about to happen. I wonder why... Maybe it's because Mark looks like he's going to come at me seriously? Why though? It doesn't make any sense?

After those thoughts happened Mark threw a jab at me. Just to test his strength I blocked it. It wasn't as powerful as I thought it would be. He throws another and another. He is trying to get me caught up in his rhythm. I block all of them up until he tries to throw a hook with his dominant hand. I dodge that one by swaying to my left. I avoided it mainly because of his massive size. I also realize something after his swing. He fully intended to hit me with it. His punch went all the way through and left him open for punishment. Didn't the coach warn him about this? Either way I send a sharp uppercut to his jaw and he staggers back.

"Watch out for the ghost hit!" The coach called out. It was too late however, I quickly follow-up with one jab with my left hand followed by one hook with my right and a low kick making him fall right on his butt. If this was MMA that would be really bad for him but luckily it was only kick boxing. "Agh! I told you that was going to happen!" The coach complains. He calls my low kick a ghost hit since he said, it seems like it goes through my opponents leg. In reality my punches just knock them off-balance and the low kick acts as a sweep to knock them down.

Mark quickly gets back up after falling. He didn't seem hurt but more so surprised... and a little scared. We are only going to two falls so if he fell again this round he automatically loses. He started being more careful and focused now. This time I go on the offensive. I intentionally get into his range so that he doesn't have time to react to think. I throw some jabs and sometimes mix it up with a jab from my opposite hand. He blocks or evades my attacks but I don't give him room to counter as I'm not putting full strength into my punches. He suddenly decides to try to counter with a kick and I back away to avoid it. I barely move my body out the way in time. He takes his opportunity to dash in and I'm forced to go on the evasive. I dodge his jabs by swaying at a speed he can't match and instead he tries to get a round house in. Only, it's too slow. The same three hit combo works on him. A jab, a hook and a low kick to his single leg causes him to tumble down with his legs flying up in the air. He falls on his back hard and groans a little. The bell rang again signifying my win.

Once that is over they, give me a break. Reggie gets into the ring while eyeing me down...well most of the men here do that considering what I'm wearing but he seemed to look more serious. He goes to the other side of the ring and I just relax until the coach decides I had a long enough break. Once he does he tells me to get up and rings the bell. As soon as the bell rings he starts hopping. Normally people have a little bounce to stay light on their feet but he was doing a bit too much. He literally looked like a kangaroo. Someone even on the outside watching said. "There is the kangaroo..." He goes to one side to the other making relatively small hops. Honestly it may confuse an opponent however there is one flaw that he's giving away right away. He decides to go on the offensive first with the coaches encouragement. Once he hops towards me I just throw a kick out and it falls directly on his knees. Since he was in mid hop when I hit him he falls forwards and to the ground. He was completely shocked but I couldn't understand why....I mean...

"You hop in the same pattern every time so it's easy to predict where you will go next..." He punches the ground in anger as if he didn't know about such an obvious thing. Now that I think about it, why hadn't the coach told him this? Regardless he get's back up and this times begins hoping around randomly. So he decided to keep the hop but make his pattern random. He comes at me again, going in random directions around me and I move to keep eye contact with him. Before I knew it, I was in the middle of the ring. He started smiling as if he completely had me in his little trap...so this was his plan? Well he's certainly fast but he seems scared to approach. Did my kick startle him that much? He just keeps fainting his movements by half way jumping in and jumping back out. He stays completely out of my kicking range however. I just move towards a direction where he's hopping at and he finally moves into range to throw a lunging punch at me. He's using his leg power to make his punches hurt. I block it instinctively, the next thing I know he had already jumped back and forward for the next punch. It was surprisingly a fast barrage a punches despite his method. I had no choice but to block them. I throw a kick out and back up to gain some distance from him however he just jumps forwards again and does a similar kick to the side of my stomach that hits. It's as I thought, his kicks really hurt. I back up again but this time go for a low kick, predicting he'd jump to hit me again. He does exactly what I think and stumble a little. I take advantage of the opportunity and throw my three hit combo. He blocks the punches but the kick hits him again. He seems to have trouble blocking my kicks while jumping, a very bad flaw to have in his strategy. I see my victory now however. I step back like I'm going to move back again only I fake it. He takes the bait and move forwards, trying not to give up his offense. I then step forwards and raise my knew to where his stomachs going to be from jumping forwards and I feel his belly hit my knee with all his body weight. After I hear him grunt in pain I step in to jab, hook, and kick, causing him to fall to his side while holding his stomach. A bell rings again and it's my win.

Next up was Kyle...who I didn't see. I moved to the corner and looked around to see the guy I knew as Kyle but he wasn't around at all. Did he run away? No way right? The coach starts yelling and asking where Kyle went but no one can really answer. I lean over the ropes and hear a few strange laughs. I look down to see the guys staring at my breast. Even though it was kind of gross being looked at like that...while I'm sweating and gross feeling, I try not to make a disgusted face at them...but I end up making it anyway...I mean it's creepy. I lean back up to avoid strange glares. I look towards the coach to ask. "So can I go? It looks like he ran away..." The Coach grumbles for a second before waving his hand and walking away. I'll take that as a yes. I get out of the ring, remove my gloves, and head to the showers. I still had to go see a certain spider after this.