Mindflayer 5: It just happened without me realizing it

At some point Fate and I left the bar after some conversation. I decided to take us to a park after leaving the bar. The fresh air did nothing for my intoxication but it was refreshing on my warm face. I do wonder why I went out of my way to help Fate to the extent that I promised...maybe it was love at first sight? At this point it didn't matter. I felt like she needed help and I was going to give it. I sometime think I have some kind of Hero complex but is that such a bad thing? Something was on my mind regarding Fate so decided to simply ask her. "Fate, what exactly were you planning to do once you find the father?" Fate just shrugged, I thought maybe she wanted to beat the guy up or at least get some money out of him. Have him take some kind of responsibility. Now I'm wondering if she planned on actually keeping it. Fate seemed kind of indifferent about it. If she hesitated for too long...well it was obvious that she would become stuck with one choice over the other. I had to ask.

"Hey Fate, I'm not saying you should or shouldn't...but are you keeping the baby?" Fate turned her body to face me....and shrugged. "Huh?! Why did you answer so nonchalantly like it doesn't matter if you do or you don't?" Fate would finally begin explaining while typing on her phone. After a moment of waiting she'd tell me. "Well, I think I might. Before you ask why, it's because for once it finally will feel like I'm making a decision for myself. My parents rarely let me decide anything...and I don't want them to decide this, I know what they'd do." Her hand was shaking as she was showing me her phone. I grabbed her wrist and would say. "Does it have to be this though? You have your whole life ahead of you. I already said I'd take care of you so...well if you're insistent I'll help you raise the kid too." Woah! What did I just say?! Now I know for sure I'm not in my right mind! Fate snatched her wrist away and started typing rapidly. "You don't have to do that! That's too much to ask! You already started saying things that were nonsensical, on top of that you're drunk. I'm sorry but I ca-"

I took Fate's phone and stepped on it...breaking it in one stomp....yep I was drunk. Fate grabbed my shoulders and started shaking me vigorously. She was obviously angry....and all the shaking...oof...I don't feel too good...

"GASP"  I suddenly shot up from one of those dentist chairs and felt something slimy leaving my ear....like a tentacle. I quickly move my hand to the side of my face to see if I could grab the ear invader. The slippery tentacle escaped my fingers however and I turned to look at the source....a mind flayer...and Max was net to her. She would say "Mmm~ That was delicious. She should remember everything now." I knew I was making a face filled with confusion and disgust. Max would chime in to say. "Yeah, how much do you remember before you got here?" I actually attempted to look even more confused but then answered. "Uhh...Well we were talking about a solution to me remembering what happened." Max then looked at the mindflayer. "So you took our trip and payment then?" The tentacle woman with odd grey skin nodded. She had this really creepy maid thing going on. Max would reach out to me with his half hand, half dog paw. He grabbed around my elbow to help my out the seat. Apparently I had to be stripped down a little as now I had my tank top on. I would stand up and look around for my shirt as I asked. "So? Mind filling me in?" Max would nod and start explaining. To some things up, he told me that Mindflayers were mistaken for eating memories. It's kind of what they did but they also served another function. They kind of worked liked a brain janitor, eating away the useless memories to make room for the more important things you may want to remember. So they get fed and you can remember your anniversary or something. Apparently they decided to eat my memories of agreeing to this crazy idea and in exchange I got to remember everything up to the particularly nice parts. I mean If I threw up on Fate, we likely had to take a shower together since we were clean the next morning...right?