Thoughts of a Vampire Detective

My name is Alanzo Fantisimo. I am a vampire detective. I've had this job for over 12 years now and I am the best at what I do. I taste the blood of my prisoners in order to become a walking criminal identifier. I can taste and track anyone I have locked away before for whatever reason. I have a loving wife and two daughters. One of which is a Vampire like myself, the other is a half centaur half vampire. She gets the centaur from her mother. They also both share beautiful black hair. In any case, I was just on the end of my shift when I suddenly get a call from the office saying that there are a few unconscious and injured bodies across from a gym parking lot. The work never ends...

I arrive there and I'm allowed in the scene with my detective badge. I'm told that these bodies were found like this some time in the afternoon but no trace of the assaulter has been found. Once I see the scene I sigh. I know these guys. They are a part of a local gang called the Caesar Wolves. The big one is notorious for purse snatching and assault on numerous people. The others just look like lackeys. I'm also told that there was one more person who was with the group but wasn't injured at all. He is the prime suspect. He seemed too terrified to respond to anyone however. I plan to meet with him later. First I want to see the scene to gather my own opinion on what happened. Looking at the men, most of them were beat up pretty badly. Most of the bruises were on the face and upper body. It was as if they were pumbled by a animal. I've seen this work before and if it's who I think it is, this might have been an act of self defense...or a rampage.

I then notice something shine in the hand of the big one. I look to see what was in his hand with a glove on my hand, and pick it up to see a knife. It also has blood on it. None of the victims were bleeding from a knife wound so that means the assaulter has been struck by it. There could have been many and this could have been some kind of gang war. I'm starting to doubt it. I'll have a taste of this blood first to see if the assaulter was someone I know. I taste the blood and...ah.

"Men, this was an act if self defense. I'll bring the victim in for questioning tomorrow. Take these men away." The veteran cops all sigh with half hearted smiles on their face as if they expected this outcome. A new cop is among them and comes over to me. "But sir! How do you know that? Where do you see such evidence?" He seemed troubled by my sudden declaration. It was expected for someone new to not know my methods. I show him the knife and say.

"Their blood. This blood on particular lets me know what happened." Still troubled, the boy responds. "But sir! I realize you are a vampire and I have heard the rumors that you can recognize criminals from their blood, but shouldn't we bring in the man that's done this? I let out a laugh. I over hear some other cops laughing as well. "Those are not rumors. That is the truth. Let me tell you a story of the past..."

"A few years ago there were several gangs littered throughout the city. They often caused trouble and got into fights with each other and cops. They would sometimes call in false reports to make officers go to a location and jump them there as revenge. There were wars going back and forth between gangs and gangs, and gangs and cops.

Then one day we get a call saying there are several unconscious bodies found in an old factory. Later we found out that it was one of the gangs we've been fighting with. Every known member was there unconscious and beaten. We thought it was a regular gang war but later we found out that not to be the case. One of the member woke up and explained a single high school girl came in and defeated every single gang member regardless of how many guys they tried to throw at her or what they used to fight her with. As if she was an animal moving on instinct...a demon.

The day after that we get another similar report, and another, and another. One by one, day by day, gangs are being defeated left and right by a single high school girl. "Impossible" I thought. Something that the police struggled with was easily done by a single high school girl. They have to be making this up. I want to know the truth behind it...so I stake out several gang locations trying to find out the truth...and I eventually find it. I drove through one of the gang spots and noticed that the guys who usually sat out side, were not there. They sit out to protect their main hang out spot but they weren't there. I decide to move in and find out why. Then I see her, a lone injured girl kicking a guy who was on the ground saying some things I'd never expect a high school girl to say. Once she was done kicking him she looked over to me and it looked like she was about to panic so I held my hands up and told her that I wasn't going to do anything and she would be okay. Once she relaxed she started walking towards me and told me one thing. 'Do your job better.' It was a really painful moment for me. I tried to take her to a doctor but she begged me not to. When I asked why, she mentioned her parents had something to do with it. Which was even more of a reason to, but seeing the face she made when mentioning them made me want to help her even a little. So I took her to this Altmans house she asked. When I asked her why she decided to fight a whole gang, she simply said. 'Because they bullied my friend.'

That was the birth of the Gang Slayer. She singled handedly took out 3/4 of the gang ring on her own. We met a few times during those years but eventually she just vanished. I assume she's a grown adult now...well anyway, the blood I tasted was hers and considering how she's been under the radar for all these years, I assume this was self defense...but I'll bring her in tomorrow to confirm it."

The rookie just stared at me with disbelief. It was understandable but he'll understand once he see's her tomorrow.