Chapter 17

Jasmine POV

"This is nice." I said, admiring the condo as I walked through it.

This place is just gorgeous. Like it doesn't even look like a condo, it's like a damn house! I don't know why Mario decides to buy places that he knows are to big for just him to be living in. I want a place like this. I swear to God that once I get myself through beauty school and open my own salon, I'm getting a place like this.....better than this for me and Loriana. I'm adding it to my bucket list.

"This is BEAUTIFUL!" Loriana screamed as she took off running past me. I didn't even know she woke up.

"Thank you, thank you." Mario said with a smirk. I looked over to him then rolled my eyes.

I feel like his ego really needs to be popped as soon as possible. He is feeling himself way to much and needs to take it down couple of knotches.

"Loriana slow down before you break something." I yelled after her, as I continued to walk.

"Calm down Jasmine. I can easily replace anything she breaks. It's no big deal." He said. I snapped my head towards him then chuckled.

"You're kidding me right? I hope you are because you are sounding very ridiculous right now. So if she was to go and break your laptop right now, you won't be upset?" I asked. I know damn well he will.

"Nope." He said with a slick smirk. "I save everything on my laptop on my phone and on to a flash drive. She can break it but I will just go to Apple and get a new one in less than 2 hours. Being successful has it's perks." He said.

I had to close my eyes and take two deep breaths before I really lay hands on him. He is getting real slick at the mouth for no damn reason. He needs to cut it out. I walked away from him and in to the kitchen where I found Loriana standing by the fridge, eating a bag of chips.

"Loriana Ramirez." I said, making her head turn towards me and she stopped chewing. "Did you ask anybody for those chips?" I asked her in a stern tone. Her eyes dropped form me then she shook her head, no.

"Why did you take them?" I asked.

"I'm sorry mommy." She mumbled.

"You should know better Loriana. You need to ask for what you want. You can't just take it."

"Loriana, tell mommy to go take a nap because she is being mean." Mario said, coming from behind me and picked up Loriana. I squinted my eyes at him as a frowned appeared on my face.

"Mean? Really Mario? Don't do that shit when I am trying to dicispline her and tell her right from wrong. She needs to know these things." I said.

"Yah, just like she has to be a hungry 3 year old. Go find something else to do than nagging us. You are getting annoying man." He said. Loriana wiggled out of his arms and ran away.

"Mario what the hell is wrong with you! You have been slick out the mouth since we set foot in California. You need to stop with all the smart remarks." I said pointing my finger at him.

"Shit, what I say may be smart to you but they are honestly just the truth. I don't see a problem in how I'm acting so I ain't about to change shit just because you out of all people say that you don't like it. I would suggest that you build a bridge and get the fuck over it. Coming at me like you're crazy." He said.

"I can't even deal with you right now Mario. You are such an asshole!" I exclaimed.

"Well shit, since I'm such an asshole then stay out of my way for this week. You do you and I'm going to do me. Let's stay out of each others way, it's as simple as that. The feelings are mutual right now. I came to spend time with my daughter and not you anyways." he said then walked past me, making sure to bump my shoulder.