Year 1: Platform 9 3/4

Platform 9 ¾ was bustling with witches and wizards, young and old. My parents and I had arrived slightly early, so we took our seats on a bench as we waited for the train to arrive. My mother and father pulled out their weekly copies of The Quibbler and began to read while I sat next to them swinging my feet around since they didn't quite reach the floor. 

I scanned the platform with my eyes, taking in the many faces of children I would now be going to school with. I spotted the ghostly father and his ghostly son, who stood out in the crowd. I then saw Rose who was standing with a ginger man and a brunette woman, who she looked to be a perfect combination of, and two boys who looked to be roughly our age. To rid myself of boredom, I got up from my seat on the bench and walked over to Rose, squeezing my way through the clusters of people.

"Hi!" I greeted with a smile.

"Oh Delancey! It's so great to see you." she smiled. "These are my parents, Ron and Hermione Weasley and these are my cousins Albus and James Potter and their parents Harry and Ginny Potter." They all gave me a warm smile and James gave me a wink while he fiddled with a lion-shaped ring on his pointer finger.

Overwhelmed with the number of names she just gave me, and completely flustered by the wink, I stuttered as I spoke "O...oh um nice to m...meet you all." I took a mental note to make sure I never stutter like that again. I recognized some of the names, and now knew where I recognized the surname Weasley from.

"Nice to meet you as well dear," Mrs. Weasley said with the sweetest of smiles. Her brunette hair was thick and tied back neatly in a low bun. I recalled a time when my father had shown me an image of her in The Daily Prophet. Though, I don't quite remember what he had said about her.

"I think my parents talk about you." I blurted to the adults, unintentionally speaking my thoughts. I looked around in fear that they would take offense to the statement. Instead, they just laughed and James looked at me with deep green eyes, and his lips filled with amusement.

"Well, they're in The Daily Prophet quite often," Rose smiled, hands on her hips and chin lifted with pride.

"Oh enough of that Rosey." Ron laughed, his face flushed with humility. 

"But it's true!" she exclaimed. "Did you know my mom my dad my aunt and my uncles helped defeat the Dark Lord when they went to Hogwarts! How awesome is that."

"Rose you're being obnoxious," her cousin Albus droned. His hair was a chestnut brown, like his older brother's and his unamused eyes sparkled with blue. He was tanner than his brother, more sunkissed and smooth. His lips curved downwards in an almost permanent scowl, as though the world in itself bore him. 

"Am not!" whined Rose.

"Yes, you are."

"No"

"Yes"

"No"

As the two of them continued to argue and their parents ignored their bickering, as though it were nothing out of the ordinary, I looked around the platform and saw Scorpius wave to me from the farther end of the platform when our eyes interlocked. His wave turned to a beckon, so I headed over to him. Rose thankfully hadn't seemed to notice me leave. 

He was standing beside his father and his mother who appeared to be equally as ghostly as the other two. 

"Aren't you so excited?!" Scorpius exclaimed. There was an innocent brightness in his smile. On the contrary to Albus, it seemed as though every little thing in the world was exciting. 

"Who's this Scorpius?" the ghostly father asked with a smile that was hard to place as genuine or not. 

"A friend I made back at Diagon Alley," Scorpius beamed. I was slightly taken aback by the word "friend". I never really had any friends before. If you don't consider anyone who worked at the manor a friend, then I guess you could say I had none at all. 

Snakes and Sanguineजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें