Year 2: Boa Snake

As usual, Christmas break was uneventful. I spent most of my time reading books in my father's study and researching different kinds of magical glass. I owled Al and Scorpius letting them know of my lack of luck. They too, had found nothing.

I prepared myself for the day of returning to Hogwarts early in the morning in excitement to leave the manor. I wore a forest green pleated skirt with sheer black tights, and a thick black sweater whose neck reached the halfway point on my neck. I put on the blue gemstone necklace, which I now decided to wear daily. I decided to leave my hair down and my long black locks fell right until my elbows.

Unlike last year, my parents woke up on time and apperated me to the Hogwarts Express. The platform was filled with witches and wizards saying goodbye to their children, some even had tears in their eyes as if they were not going to see them in a couple of months for the springtime holiday. I spotted Al and James who were standing with almost the entire Weasley family. Rose was chatting up a storm with Al, though she was the only one doing the talking. When Al spotted me he gave a look that screamed "please save me." I gave my parents a typical goodbye head nod and headed over to the Potters as they disapperated from the platform.

"Well, if they offer it to me of course I'm going to accept." I heard Hermione Weasley say to Harry and Ginny Potter.

"Delancey!" Al exclaimed, so he could escape his one sided conversation with Rose.

"Hey!" I said, wrapping my arms around him in a hug.

"Hey." James smiled as I pulled away from Al and I's hug.

"Hi." I responded, giving him an awkward wave. I cleared my throat as a way to clear the awkward tension. "So, how was your holiday?" I asked.

"It was great. Fred and I spent a lot of time brewing potions and researching spells." James responded.

"And you almost blew up the house." Al added.

"You did?!" I giggled a little too girlishly for my appeal.

"Well, one of our potions didn't exactly go as planned." James chuckled. "I did learn how to do a spell that they don't teach at Hogwarts though. I mean of course I couldn't perform it because of that bloody underage magic rule but I did enough research to definitely know how."

"What spell?" I asked.

"It's called a patronus." he responded. "I can show you how to do it one time, and Al if he wants."

Before I could respond, Rose's shrill voice pierced through my ears. "Hey, you said that you wouldn't show me how!"

"That's because you're incompetent." Al responded, causing Rose to huff away.

I was about to respond to James's offer when the sound of the Hogwarts express's steam locomotive whistled and came to a halt at the platform.

"Well, I'll see you at Hogwarts." James said. He kissed his mother's cheek, and gave his father a hug before meeting up with a group of friends who were getting ready to board the train.

"Ready to go?" Al said, offering his hand in a gentlemanly manner. I took his hand and he helped me onto the train. We walked through the isles of the train and looked to see if Scorpius was already seated in a compartment.

We found him sitting alone in a compartment with his head resting on the snow frosted window. Al slid the compartment door open and Scorpius turned his head around when he heard us walk in. There was a little red mark on his forehead that was caused by the cold glass that he had been leaning on.

"Hey." he said quietly, without his usual smile.

"What's wrong?" Al asked.

"Nothing." he replied.