Year 1: Whispered Conversation

The seasons were starting to change. Almost all the leaves that were on the trees were now on the ground, leaving prints on the cobblestone pathways that led to the entrances of the school. The chilly air of autumn now turned into the frigid air of winter and the rain started to turn to snow. December was just around the corner but, that also meant that I would be seeing my parents in a couple of weeks as well. They've written to me once, asking me if I had noticed anything suspicious at the school. I didn't tell them about receiving the piece of mirror glass, mostly because I knew that they wrote the letter not to make sure that I was safe, but to make sure that they were safe. So that they didn't need to worry that someone was going to try and come for them again after the owl incident.

Al, Scorpius, Goyle, Zabini, and I wanted to play our own Quidditch game after we watched the Ravenclaw vs Hufflepuff game a couple of days ago. We elected Goyle as captain of the first team and they elected me as captain of the second team. The only rules were that no students above fourth year were allowed to play.

Goyle wanted Scorpius and Al on his team since the two of them were both natural Quidditch players. That meant that I was left with Zabini, who barely knew how to ride a broom. I needed to recruit the best players I could in order to make up for Zabini's lack of skill. I tried asking Rose if she would play because I knew that she loved Quidditch, but she didn't speak to me anymore since I was placed in Slytherin. So, Zabini and I sat down in the Common Room to make a list of who we wanted to recruit on our team.

"We should definitely get Anthony Diggory from Ravenclaw to play. He's in our year but during Flying he's always the best one." Zabini said.

"Anthony Diggory." I said out loud as I wrote his name down onto the piece of paper in front of me. "If we're getting someone from Ravenclaw we should also get Jeremy Chang, he's the keeper for the Ravenclaw team." I scribbled his name down as well.

"Do you think we can get James Potter and Fred Weasley as well, if we're attempting to recruit third years."

"Hmm, I can try. Maybe we can also get that Hufflepuff girl Crystal Rivera in our year, I've heard she is very aggressive."

"An aggressive Hufflepuff?" he asked sceptically.

"I thought the same thing when I saw Slytherin second years talking about her with black eyes."

"Crystal it is then."

"That means we have you, Diggory, and me as chasers, Chang as keeper, Fred and Crystal as beaters, and James as seeker."

"Sounds good. I'll try to recruit Diggory and Chang, you recruit James, Fred, and Crystal."

"Ok, we need to have our team by the end of the day if we are going to play tomorrow so keep me updated on who you recruit."

I stood up from the table and started walking to my dormitory.

"Hey Cedar." Zabini called from the table and I turned around. "You're a pretty good leader for a halfblood."

"Wow thank you for that heartwarming backhanded compliment Zabini." I said sarcastically. "I'll see you at lunch."

I walked into the dormitory and to no surprise, I found Sasha sitting alone on her bed.

"Hey Sasha." I said to her, giving her a warm smile.

"Hey." she mumbled.

"Are you alright, I mean I never see you around unless it's in class and if I do see you, you don't seem to erm...happy." I said trying to choose my words carefully so she wouldn't jinx me out of here.

"Why do you care?" she snapped.

"I just erm...don't like seeing you upset." I replied.

"You don't even know me."