Year 2: Amortentia

Last week, I won us the Slytherin versus Ravenclaw game. I have no idea what I would have done if I had cost us the game once again. This week on the other hand, was a day that I dreaded. Valentine's day. A day full of snogging in the halls and hearing the unpleasant sounds of moans coming from the dormitories. Even though last year my friends and I vowed to never celebrate Valentine's day, Scorpius had other plans.

"Do you think she'll like flowers?" he asked us at breakfast the day before the loathsome fourteenth.

"Unless you plan on giving her dead roses, then probably not." Sasha said with her mouth full of scrambled eggs.

"Then what am I supposed to get her?" he groaned, almost knocking over his glass of water when he laid his head on the table. His eyes shot up when Annabeth took a seat next to Sasha at the table. Her blonde hair perfectly straight as usual, complimenting the green of her Slytherin uniform. "Annabeth! You're a girl." he said to her.

"I'm a girl too." I responded.

"Yes. But you're still keeping that silly vow of not celebrating Valentine's day." he said. I gave him an eye roll and continued to eat my breakfast. "Anyway, Annabeth, what do I get Venus for Valentine's day?"

"Flowers probably." she responded softly while scooping up scrambled eggs and putting them on her plate.

"That's what I said, but Sasha doesn't think that she'll like it." Scorpius replied, jerking his head towards Sasha.

"She won't." Sasha said matter of factly.

"All girls like flowers." Annabeth stated.

"For starters, I don't. And do you really take Venus to be the type of person to like flowers." Sasha replied.

"Hmm. I guess not." Annabeth said.

"So then what do I get her?!" Scorpius panicked.

"See this is another reason why Valentine's day is stupid. All this stressing over nothing." I scoffed.

"This is exactly why I didn't ask for your help." Scorpius said.

"Fair." I responded, finishing up the last of my breakfast. "I'm gonna go get ready for class." I said, my voice muffled as I wiped my face with a napkin.

"See ya." Scorpius smiled, Sasha and Annabeth waving.

I walked to the Slytherin common room, and went down the staircase that led to the girls' dormitories. I rummaged through the messy pile of clothing that lay on top of my chest in order to find a single clean uniform. Great. None. All either, stained, wrinkled, or missing a button. I opened up Cupid's chest, since I had no problem with "borrowing" from her. All the clothes were neatly folded. White collared shirts in one pile, skirts in another, socks, ties, and underwear rolled up into little balls, and her regular outfits folded into a third, fourth, and fifth pile, and bras that she didn't quite need yet resting in the corner.

I grabbed one of her collared shirts, as well as a skirt and tossed them onto my bed. As I grabbed a tie from the bottom, all the little balls of ties, underwear, and socks, rolled out from the stack, and scattered themselves across the chest. As I put them back in their place, I noticed a little glass vile poking out of the bottom of her skirt pile, which had previously been blocked by the pile. Curiously, I pulled it out from the bottom, and noticed a small glass vile, filled halfway with a sheen, pearl liquid. I pulled out the cork and lifted the vile up to my face, smelling the substance in order to figure out what potion it was. What potion smells of vanilla, pine, and...laundry detergent. I plugged the vile back up, and closed the chest. I placed the vile on my bed and changed into my (well, technically Cupid's) uniform and grabbed a robe from my closet.