Better days

"Are you okay?" Jimin seemed worried.

"O-oh yes, I am" Hoseok assured him, smiling and ignoring the sharp pain in his wrist.

The whole day was better than the others, Hoseok would say. For sure, he had a lot of works to do, but the boy would still find it better than sitting around in the house. He hated to be alone. With Jimin around him, he found himself smiling often at those little jokes he often cracked. It was a good day.

Hoseok didn't even realise that it was the time to call it a day. Time really does flow fast. Sighing, he reached home, and went inside. A nap wouldn't hurt, Hoseok thought and laid down on the sofa.

Some hours later, the boy woke up hurriedly.

Never miss a thing, otherwise those punishments can get worse,  the voice echoed through his mind.

Reluctantly getting up, Hoseok walked into the kitchen and tried to cook for the younger, who is yet to come. The pain in his hands always made it difficult for him to cook for the other, Hoseok realises. But, it's okay though, Hoseok still believes Jungkook will change.

That part made the short boy smile fondly.

I hope for better days, nothing more.

__________

"Strange, he isn't home" Hoseok looks at the dinner that turned cold.

Making his way to their shared bedroom, he yawns and wraps the shabby blanket around him, being scared of the consequences of using Jungkook's blanket.

Hoseok tried to wait for the younger, until his eyes felt heavy and closed shut.
_____________

Opening his eyes, Hoseok saw darkness. Feeling a weight on his waist, he tried to turn around, but before he could, he realised it was Jungkook. The younger had his nose pressed to Hoseok's neck and his breathing was rough.

The shorter of them, also realised he didn't feel cold anymore, both of them happened to share the same blanket.

Don't get your hopes up, Hobi. It was a mistake.

But, Hoseok smiled faintly at the sudden warmth he felt after a long time.

Better days. Hoseok smiles.

____________________________________