Epilogue : Beast no more

"He'll be back soon, I'll talk to you later" Hoseok hung up the call. Running up the stairs, he reached the bedroom. Hoseok changed his clothes, and smile at mirror. Barely finishing the cup of coffee he prepared for himself, some time back, he ran out of the house.

Hoseok is now in the airport. If you'd ask, he's waiting for Jungkook to return. The younger had to go to the states for his work. Hoseok thought, three months wouldn't be that much of a trouble, but it was indeed. Spending each day without the younger made him realise how much he loves Jungkook.

Looking at the time by his watch, Hoseok guesses Jungkook would be here soon. So, he waited, looking around the place.

Tapping his foot, Hoseok looked up to see Jungkook standing at a distance, smiling fondly at the former. The older ran to the other, and out of nowhere, jumped to Jungkook's arm. The latter was utterly surprised, and stepped back, being careful not to hurt his hyung.

"I missed you all this while, Kookie"

Jungkook couldn't stop smile at the older's pout. Leaning in, he pressed his lips against the other's gently, and smiled thereafter.

"I missed you too, Hoseok"

"Yah! Call me hyung!" With that, both of them laughed at each other.

The silence in the car was comfortable, the music playing was the only sound that could be heard.

"These three months felt like years to me" Hoseok smiled.

"I know" Jungkook answered smiling back, and holding Hoseok's hands.

It's been one year and counting that Jungkook and Hoseok have been together. Hoseok finally got back to his job, but the younger had to leave for his work. Sure, Hoseok didn't want Jungkook to go, even if it's for some months. But, Hoseok didn't want Jungkook to give up on his dreams just for him.

If you'd ask Hoseok, he would never have thought he could end up like this. He didn't mind though, but just the thought of getting to spend his days with Jungkook made him happier. While, Jungkook always kept Hoseok in his thoughts when he was away from the the latter. Sure, Hoseok fell in love faster, but Jungkook fell harder.

"We're here!" Hoseok chirped.

Both of the boys got out of the car, and walked into their house.

"I missed this place for long"

Hoseok smiled, ruffling Jungkook's hair. "How was your trip?"

"Nothing's good without you" Jungkook lifted
the other up, making him surprised.

"You're so dramatic, God!" Hoseok laughed. "Okay, okay go and shower first. You stink!"

Letting go of Hoseok, Jungkook kept looking at the former.

"What now?" Hoseok wriggled his eyebrows.

Jungkook stood there, puckering his lips, closing his eyes.

"You're so extra"

"And you're so beautiful" Jungkook kissed the shorter and ran into the washroom, leaving behind a flustered Hoseok.
____

Walking out of the shower, Jungkook saw his hyung in the kitchen, apparently cooking something for him. Jungkook smiled.

"Here. Does it taste good?"

"It does" Jungkook responded.

The next few minutes, both of them ate their food and talked of numerous things. Those days when Jungkook kept on rambling about many things when he was drunk, or those times Hoseok used to get scared of horror movies.

It's funny how times passes when they're together, but looking back, Hoseok now thinks that listening to his Yoongi hyung and giving this relationship a second chance really did work.

The whole day passed in a blink of an eye. Hoseok and Jungkook did so many things today, yet so little. They chased each other around the room, laughed recalling some of Jin's dad jokes, and talked about their old days.

Jungkook asked Hoseok about his friends. "Well, if you'd ask, Yoongi now lives with Jin and Taehyung, and Jimin- well, he stills cries over the fact that Namjoon is so perfect" Hoseok laughed.

"Well, good for them, Yoongi hyung seems happy now, isn't it?" Jungkook said. "I don't think I can forget  the day he said he'd break my legs"
_______

Hoseok now looks up to see Jungkook's arm wrapped around his own torso. The younger was sleeping now, and the other ran his fingers through Jungkook's hair.

"I now realise how fool I was so run away. I feel so happy with you now, I love you" Hoseok smiled, lying down closer to Jungkook.

Oh yes, I love you too, Jungkook smiled.
___________________________________

"If I look back, I'd really say that I couldn't decipher why Jungkook was that harsh on me, and there was a point where I was so close to give up. Thanks to Jungkook, I really didn't, at the end. That made the difference. I used to think he'd never change, and I also used to think I'd get over him. I was wrong. I'm glad I was wrong. And from now, not only am I going to love him more than ever, but I'm also going to stick to him, until time stops. I'm going to make our days count"      - Hoseok.

"I didn't realize how much I needed Hoseok until he left me. Sure, my behavior towards him wasn't acceptable, but thanks to him for giving me a chance, for giving me a chance to prove that I've changed. Had he always been with me, I think I would have never changed. All these days I was with him, I felt myself falling in love with him, all over again, to the point where I can't imagine living without him around me. Strange, but that's pretty much what it is"            -  Jungkook.

_______________________________________
   The end