|> Jimin <|

|=|Cold Truth|=|MinJoon|=|
|=|Vampire|=|

°•●•°

"Is everyone ready?" The voice of their commander shouts over the comms.

Most of the recruits reply with a "yes", but Namjoon stays quiet.

He's going over his tasks, his do's and dont's, his manual, and his suit. Everything needs to be top-notch safe.

"You nervous?"

Namjoon turns quietly to his roommate. The man who he'll be roomies with for a few months before returning home.

Both of them are Korean, thus the language barrier was no big deal.

Namjoon shakes his head. "No. You?"

"Nah." His roommate smiles. "I'm excited! I mean- Antarctica! Who could have thought?"

Namjoon gives him a gentle smile. "It's an impressive experiment."

The ship shudders a little bit before coming to a slow halt. Namjoon grabs his helmet, pressing the button at the side to have it unclip before putting it on, clicking it in its safety lock and pressing the button again, hearing an approving beep.

There are a few projections on the screen of the helmet.

One that says loading, the other says location, the other says who speaks when.

He notices his small tube at the bottom of the screen, at 99%. It's keeping track of his suit when it needs to charge its warmth.

Because of the cold, the glass is usually blocked, having a sunscreen protector over it to prevent eye damage. Thus they wear colors.

They are with ten.

His roommate, Taehyun, dressed in the red suit.

His commander, Vera, wearing the dark green suit.

The electrician, Ray, clothed in white.

The medic, Jimin, dressed in yellow.

The scientist, Sykkuno, wearing lime.

The meteorologist, Yoongi, dressed in the black suit.

The psychologist, Ilse, dressed in pink.

The planner and second in command, Tsuyu, wearing purple.

The soldier, Ben, dressed in brown.

And he himself, the technician, dressed in cyan.

There are not many of them. But they know they can survive.

As soon as the ship stops shaking, a loud beep and alarm rings through. Namjoon watches the others also put on their helmets and he sees the top right corner flash.

There is a yellow mark.

"Hello? Can you guys hear me?"

"Loud and clear, Jimin. Can you hear me?"

"Bright as rain!"

Namjoon smiles softly at the voices and turns to his roommate who is pressing the little tablet on his suit, scrolling through his tasks.

"Ready, Taehyun?"

The younger looks up and nods brightly. "Ready hyung!"

The top of the ship comes loose, lifting itself to let go of the landing slide, which slowly drops down and lands in the cold snow.

"Alright! Everyone start with their assigned tasks! You have a thirty minute break between twelve and two, four and six, so choose wisely! Stay together as much as you can and we meet at Admin at eight!"