courfeyrac; please?

Start from the beginning

"She's going to be my date to the wedding!" And with that, the blond zooms off to the other side of the room. Y/n chuckles and crosses her arms over her chest again. "Wow, Gavroche already has a date before I do, a little bit sad, not going to lie."

"Well, that makes two of us." Courfeyrac adds from behind her, his breath fanning on her neck. The moment becomes still and the pair feel as though they are the only ones in the room.

"A-are you done tieing that yet?"

"Oh, yeah. Yeah..."

Y/n stuffs her hands in her apron pockets and turns to face the man. "I will be you around." She nods her head at him and then leaves to speak with Enjolras. Courfeyrac watches her leave and frowns at the sight of Enjolras smiling and offering Y/n his arm. The two head down to the main floor of the café, resulting in Courfeyrac rolling his eyes.

"Champagne?"

Courfeyrac turns to Feuilly holding a glass of champagne. He speedily nods his head and downs the drink in an instant. He places the now empty glass onto the table near him and turns to his friend.

"You got any more?"

"Not at the moment, no... What's up with you?"

Courfeyrac puts on a fake smile. "Just trying to clear my head before deciding my date." Feuilly nods understandingly and takes a sip from his own almost empty glass of champagne.

"Who you planning on asking?"

Courfeyrac's mind immediately flashes to Y/n. "Probably some barmaid." Feuilly nods a head at Combferre who had just passed by. "Alright pal, I got to go, but good luck. Not that you need it though, am I right?" Courfeyrac laughs and looks down to the floor as Feuilly joins Combferre at the entrance of the meeting room, where Y/n and Enjolras enter laughing. 'At least they weren't linking arms' he thought.

Courfeyrac turns away and goes to find some more champagne, maybe something stronger. As he walks past his friends he finds himself colliding with another one of the waitresses of the café, more specifically Ariana. Courfeyrac mentally rolls his eyes and quickly apologizes before trying to escape a conversation with the loud brunette.

"Courfeyrac?!"

"Shit." He mumbles. He then turns around with a fake smile. "Ariana?! Hey! How have you been?"

"Bored, until now." She says, twirling her hair around her finger.

Meet Ariana. The waitress who wanted to "get it on" with each of the Les Amis de ABC, mostly Courfeyrac. She was always in the meeting room bothering the boys and doing her best to keep Y/n away from them. The boys weren't too fond of her and would take Y/n over her in an instant. Ariana is just really... annoying and ignorant, cretinous, empty-headed-

"So, do you have a date to the wedding yet?"

"Um," Courfeyrac's eyes trail to the prettier waitress who was still talking to Enjolras.

"Yes, I do."

Ariana furrows her eyebrows and frowns. "Who?" Courfeyrac's eyes leave Y/n and turn back to the nosy girl. "A girl." He says with a nod. She drops the hair between her fingers and places her hands on Courfeyrac's chest.

"Well, if this girl abandons you, just know that I will be at the wedding too." She winks and then goes to annoy Grantaire. Grantaire sees her approaching and widens his eyes, stumbling backwards. Classy.

Courfeyrac walks to Y/n and puts an arm around her. She shrugs his arm off and turns to him. He cheekily smiles at her, to which she rolls her eyes at.