3

A/N: credit for plot and unchanged parts of the script go to the writers of friends.

THE CAFÉ MUSAIN

The café was always empty in the mornings, not including when the boys come. The two women are in the back room on the main floor opening their sets of 'Pour Le Visage' while the boys enter the café for the sake of seeing each other.

"After warming the tweezers in your hands-"

"Did that!" Eponine interrupts.

Madame shakes her head before she finishes reading from the instructions "pull your first hair from the space between your eyes in one quick pain free motion."

"Okay." Eponine used a silver plate as a mirror and pulled a hair.

"Ow!!!!! Ow-oh-oh!" She screams.

Madame gasps and places the instructions down on a nearby table. "Was it not pain-free?"

"No! It was painful. Oh my God, they lied!" Eponine scowls and points to the empty crate, still holding the space between her eyes.

"Huh, well, the girls that sold it to me don't seem to think it's that bad." Madame furrows her eyebrows slightly.

"That's because their nerves are probably deadened from being so stupid. But hey, you know if you don't believe me, please, by my guest." Eponine says and waves her hand to Madame.

Madame Houcheloup rolls her eyes and grabs the silver plate from Eponine's hand. She plucks part of her unibrow and screams. "Ow-ow-ow-ow! Oh my God!!!"

"Now, are you glad we didn't start with the nose hair?" The girls hold their noses with one hand and exchange nervous glances.

THE PUB

Marius told Enjolras that Adele worked as a waitress at the pub and Adam a bar tender. Enjolras pushes open the front doors and runs to the bar to find Adele.

"Adele?!" She emerges from the kitchen and leans on the bar counter. "Hi Adele."

"Is this about me taking your comb?" She scrunches her nose up.

He furrows his eyebrows "you took my comb?"

"I'm sorry, I do that." She laughs and waves her hand.

His eyes flutter and he shakes his head. "Just... you keep it, listen did you, did you tell anyone about us?" He lowers his voice near the end of the sentence.

"Oh no. I feel it isn't really anybody's business, you know."

"Exactly. So you didn't, didn't mention anything to Adam right?"

"Oh, well I tell Adam everything." She pushes herself off of the bar counter and turns to clean some shot glasses.

"You tell, of course you do." He rolls his eyes and walks up to Adam, who is hanging up pamphlets about new drinks and their prices on the wall.

"Adam. Adam. Hey, Adam. Adam, hi! You know we haven't actually met..."

Adam looks to Enjolras and smiles. "You pig!"

"Yes, I suppose I am a pig. But Adam, see I-I happen to have a girlfriend-"

"Oh right, that Y/n girl from the bakery." He turns back to his papers.

"Yeah, that's the one. Listen, I don't want to hurt her."

"Oh, hey, man I know, doesn't matter how much we love 'em, monogamy is too cruel a rule." He shakes his head and goes behind the bar beside Adele. Enjolras shakes his head and then follows him, sitting in front of the bar, opposite to Adam.

"Yeah. Listen, can you keep this information to yourself?"

Adam waves his hand "aw, no problem pal. You know we got to look out for each other. We're the same, you and me."

"Actually, no, we're not."

"Yeah, we are."

"No, we're not."

"Yeah, we are."

"No, we're not!!"

"Okay, we're not." Adam hold his hands up in surrender.

"Right." Enjolras mumbles.

"But, we are." Adam puts his hands down and nods. Enjolras rolls his eyes. "Fine. I just need to know that you're not gonna tell your sister." Adam makes an 'o' shape with his mouth and then closes it. "I can promise not to tell her again."

THE STREET DOWN FROM THE CAFÉ MUSAIN

Esmé was walking towards the café for work. Enjolras has just run from the pub to the café and he spots Esmé.

"Esmé!" He calls and runs towards her, despite already being out of breath.

She turns her head to Enjolras and raises an eyebrow. "Uh-huh."

Enjolras reaches her and places his hands on his knees and crouches down slightly, trying to catch his breath. "W-We met at Madame Houcheloup's birthday party, I'm, I'm Alexandre Enjolras." (i don't know his first name, just go with it)

"You did a bad thing!" She says and crosses her arms.

"Yes, I did."

"Very bad!" She shakes her head at him.

"Very bad."

"Very, very bad-"

"I'm agreeing with you." He says through gritted teeth. "Did you, listen, did you happen to tell Madame Houcheloup yet?"

"No."

"Okay, Esmé, please, please don't. I love my girlfriend very much, and I want more than anything to just work it out with her. Okay?"

She purses her lips together and then exhales loudly. "All right."

"Thank you, thank you." He says while putting his hands together in prayer.

"But you should probably talk to my roommate because I told him and he knows Madame Houcheloup too." She says as she adjusts her gray bonnet. Enjolras huffs and puffs before angrily asking Esmé.

"Who's your roommate?"

THE BAKERY

Arthur is placing a croissant in a bag to give to a woman as Enjolras rushes into the bakery.

"Arthur! Arthur. Arthur, please tell me you didn't say anything to Y/n about me and the girl from the pub." He says with his hands on the counter, out of breath again.

"I'm sorry. Was I not supposed to?" Arthur says and then turns to attend to a customer. Enjolras' eyes and head roll back and he turns around to see Y/n sitting by the window. She is just glaring at him with eyes filled with betrayal and disappointment.