2

A/N: credit for plot and unchanged parts of the script go to the writers of friends.

TIME SKIP - ENJOLRAS' APARTMENT

Enjolras crumples a piece of paper and throws it in a bag before approaching a laying down Combferre.

"Well I just found out Madame's not coming, it's just gonna be me and Y/n." Enjolras says as he grabs his laundry basket filled with dirty clothes.

Combferre bolts up into a sitting position, facing Enjolras. "Oh. Well, hold on pal, are you sure you've thought this thing through?"

"It's laundry. The thinking through is minimal." He says sitting down next to his friend, placing his laundry down in front of him.

"It's just you and Y/n, just the two of you?" Enjolras nods. "This is a date. You're going on a date."

Enjolras grips the couch. "Nuh-uh."

"Yuh-huh." Combferre nods with raised eyebrows.

"So what're you saying here? I should shave again, pick up some wine, what?"

"Well, you may wanna rethink the dirty underwear. This is basically the first time she's gonna see your underwear—you want it to be dirty?" He says pointing to the underwear in the basket.

His eyes travel to the laundry basket. "No." He says sheepishly.

"Oh, and uh, the soap?" Combferre points to the soap and waves it away.

"Okay, okay, now what is wrong with my Snuggles? What, it says I'm a sensitive, warm kind of guy, you know, like a warm, fuzzy bear." He says as he picks up the soap and holds it to his face. (Snuggles wasn't a brand of soap in the 1800's, so let's just pretend. the same applies to the other brand of soap that will be mentioned later on)

Combferre scoffs and crosses his arms. "Why are you lying? You are anything but Snuggles worthy." He takes the soap from Enjolras' hands and throws it aside.

"Okay, I can pick something else up on the way." Enjolras nods, getting up and picking up the basket.

"There you go." Combferre nods.

TIME SKIP - THE FOUNTAIN

Y/n is already there, waiting for Enjolras. She sits on the fountain ledge with her basket on the floor beside her. An old woman in rags leaves from her little group of other poor women who were also doing laundry and walks toward Y/n. Y/n was busy looking off into the distance to try to spot Enjolras' famous red jacket that she didn't realize that the old woman had taken her basket.

"Comin' through. Move, move." The old woman says as she pushes Y/n off of the fountain ledge to fill the basket, that Y/n soon recognized to be hers, with water from the fountain.

"Oh, excuse me. I was kind of using that basket." Y/n says politely after tapping the old woman on the shoulder.

The woman turns to her "yeah, well, now you're kind of not." She turns back to the fountain.

"But it's my basket. I brought it here." Y/n says, still politely.

The old woman turns to her again. "Oh, I'm sorry, is this your basket? It's really pretty, just like that dress. Unfortunately, I don't see any soap."

"What?"

She rolls her eyes. "No soap, no save. Okay?"

Enjolras then arrives and stands beside Y/n.

"What's going on?" He whispers to her.

"Hi, uh, nothing. That horrible woman just took my basket." She whispers back.

"Did you bring that basket from home?"

"Yeah, but there was no soap." She responds with a 'oh well' kind of tone.

"So?"

"Well, you know, no soap, no save."

Enjolras furrows his eyebrows. "No soap?" He then walks over to the old woman. "Excuse me, hold on a second." He stops the woman from filling the basket up with water. "That's my friend's basket."

"Hey, hey, hey, her soap wasn't in it." She tries to push past him until he stops her again.

"Hey, hey, hey, that's not the rule and you know it." He mocks and begins to glare at her. The woman and Enjolras stare at each other. Finally, she takes her stuff out of the basket and leaves, not before scowling at Enjolras. This interaction had caused the little group of less fortunate ladies to stare at the scene.

Enjolras grabs Y/n's basket and turns to the women. "All right, show's over. Nothing to see here." They turn their heads back to their work and Enjolras turns his to Y/n. "Okay, let's do laundry." He hands her her basket and rubs his hands together before grabbing his own laundry basket.

"That was amazing! I can't even send back soup." Y/n says as she begins to copy Enjolras' actions of filling the basket with water.

"Well, that's because you're such a sweet, gentle, uh...Do you, uh, do you...Oh, hey, uh you must need soap." He pulls out a huge box of soap that almost falls off the fountain ledge because of its weight.

"What's that?"

He steadies the box and places his hands on top of it. "Uberveiss. It's new, it's German, it's extra-tough." He makes a fist with his hand as he explains.

She makes a 'hmph' sound and starts to load her clothes into the water filled basket.

Enjolras puts a hand between the basket and the clothes she was about to put in. "Y/n, do you uh, are you going to separate those?"

She places the clothes into her lap and giggles. "Oh god. Oh, am I being like a total laundry spaz? I mean, am I supposed to use like one basket for shirts and another basket for skirts and dresses?"

Enjolras rests his arm on the fountain ledge and turns his full body to her. "Y/n, have you never done this before?"

She copies his actions. "Well, not myself, but I know other people that have. Okay, you caught me. I'm a laundry virgin."

Enjolras makes on 'o' shape with his mouth before smiling and looking down. "Well, don't worry. Okay, um, basically you wanna use one basket, or one load for all your whites, a whole other for colors, and a third for your uh, your uh, delicates, and that would be your bras and your under-panty things." He says, starting out confidently then slowing fading into nervousness.

Y/n holds out a pair of panties in front of Enjolras. "Okay, well, what about these? They're white cotton panties. Would they go with whites or delicates?"

"Uh, that, that, that would be a judgment call." He stutters and avoids looking at the undergarment and revealing his clearly red face.