3

A/N: credit for plot and unchanged parts of the script go to the creators of one day at a time.

THE NEXT DAY

Marius enters the office with yet another bouquet of flowers. He decided to come a little earlier and see his wonderful wife in action. Marius and Y/n have been together for 12 years, yet they still act as if they were each on their first date together. Marius's cheeks still flushed when she said his name and she still felt butterflies in her stomach when he kissed her.

Jane is making herself some coffee, Y/n is in the back filing room, and Andreas is in the waiting room talking to patients. Dr. Cassel enters the lounge part of the office, tightly clutching his clipboard to his chest, something he happened to do a lot. He was soon joined by Jane who had just burned her finger on some coffee she had made. Y/n is about to emerge from the back room but sees Marius waiting for her, leaning on the doorway of the room.

"Hello my love."

"Hi Marius- is the hour 7 already? Oh no, I-I haven't even gotten changed or finished my shift and I-"

"I came early. I wanted to see you."

She smiles and lets out a sigh of relief.

"Oh thank heavens!"

She cups his face and pecks his lips before joining her boss and co-worker in the lounge, Marius going to find a vase to put the flowers in.

Jane has the edge of her finger in her mouth and Dr. Cassel was reading some documents, each sitting on the run down couch. Y/n walks towards the doctor holding her spreadsheets from the day before, a hopeful and determined smile on her face.

"Hey Doc, I wanted to talk to you about my waiting room ideas from the meeting yesterday."

Andreas then enters from the waiting room.

"Hey, we have a waiting room full of patients out there who are very unhappy." He says, pointing behind him.

"Sounds like there's a problem that a bad-ass spreadsheet could've fixed." Y/n says as-a-matter-of-factly, dramatically dropping the spreadsheets onto the coffee table.

"When my daughter is upset, I check her diaper. Should I?" Jane asks. The room's eyes flicker from her to each other before shaking their heads and moving past the comment.

"There's got to be something we could do... Blue Sky, what if we stagger the appointments by just five minutes? People would wait less, and be so much happier when they see your handsome mug." Andreas wonders confidently.

Y/n furrows her eyebrows and looks to the wall in confusion.

"Smart way to go!" Dr. Cassel says, getting up from his seat.

"Boom." Andreas says offering the doctor a fist bump.

"Boom!" He responds, giving into the fist bumps he loved.

Y/n laughs dryly. "Okay. I am not trying to turn this into an argument, but I said the same thing yesterday and nobody listened."

"I don't think that's exactly what you said." Andreas responds, going to get another cup of coffee.

"No, that's exactly what I said, Andreas. But maybe you didn't hear, because you were fidgeting with your daft pocket watch like now."

"Uh, what?" He asks, looking up from his expensive pocket watch.

"Je vais tuer cet homme!"  Y/n curses in a mumble, looking away from the man she was trying so desperately not to scream at. (i'll kill this man! Is what that means, it's french)