enjolras; extended fight

A/N: this is like the friends break up episode one shot(s) with enjolras. this is their fight, from the beginning, kind of extended

ENJOLRAS GIF ONE SHOT:

12:16

12:16am read Enjolras' pocket watch. 12:16 and she still wasn't home. The candles that lay atop the red velvet table cloth were burnt out, the food was cold, and Y/n's supposed roses lay lifeless on Enjolras' chair. Enjolras flared his nostrils as he shoved his pocket watch back into his pant pocket.

The door to Y/n's apartment then opened, revealing a drenched, smiling Y/n.

"Bonne nuit Arthur!"

She said before sighing contently and shrugging off her wet cloak.

"It's really pouring out there, huh?" Y/n says as she smooths her skirt down.

He ignores her question and steps towards her. "It's midnight. No. It's past midnight."

"I know... I'm so sorry love-"

"No! You say the same thing every time and it just happens again. Tonight, or yesterday, we were supposed to have our anniversary dinner at six. Six! You got here at 12:16! This job of yours it- it's ruining you!" He says while flinging his arms in the air.

"What? That job of mine is what gives me the money I need to help myself and people like Gavroche. It is not ruining me! It makes me feel better about myself because I can say that I make my own money and work hard for what I have."

He scoffs at her.

As he turns away from her, she also scoffs and looks away

"Sorry Enjolras, not everyone can go to school and get a proper education."

He sighs and pinches the bridge of his nose.

"I just... You are never here. I mean did you even think to look in the kitchen? I had this whole romantic thing set up and you went and crushed it with that wretched job! God, Y/n... I don't feel like I even have a girlfriend anymore."

"What? You want me to just quit my job so that you can feel like you've got a girlfriend?" She says and crosses her arms.

Silence fills the room. Grimaces are planted on both of their faces.

"Is this about Arthur?" He asks, looking up from the floor.

"Oh my God." She says in shock and places her hands over her eyes.

"Okay, it's not, it's not." He looks back to the ground.

"Oh my God. I cannot keep having this same fight with you Enjolras! I don't even know how many times I have told you that there is nothing between Arthur and I!"

"Yeah but-"

"No! No 'yeah but' Enjolras! You don't support me and you don't trust me! God! Look, ugh, maybe we should take a break."

"Fine, you're right. Let's uh, let's take a break, " he walks past her to grab his jacket. He goes to her front door "let's cool off, okay, let's get some coffee, or something." He opens the door.

"No. A break from us."

He looks at her with parted lips and knitted eyebrows before pursing his lips together and leaving, slamming the door behind him.