bossuet; 10 francs

Bossuet's POV:

"I'm going to do it Comb. You'll see." Combferre and I were staring at a woman dressed in lilac reading a book. She was a rather beautiful woman, one of the most attractive in all of France he would have to say.

"10 francs that you won't."

"Where is your faith? Me and that girl are going to go places. We-we are going to get married and have children of our own and you know, an extra ten francs wouldn't hurt." He rolls his eyes.

"I'm getting the 10 francs, Bossuet. Are you forgetting how unlucky you are?" I look down and furrow my eyebrows.

"I mean just yesterday you bent down to tie your shoe and got drenched in wine by Madame."

"She tripped!"

"Over you." I sigh and flare my nostrils as I inhale. "I am getting that money and that girl" I say pointing to the girl. "God will be on my side! Alright?!" He puts his hands up in defence.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night." I turn my head to the maiden and see that she is now picking flowers in a field and placing them in her book. I slowly start to walk towards her but come to a halt when I hear Combferre chuckling behind me. I quickly run up to him and hit him in the stomach with the side of my fist before I slowly approach the woman in lilac once again. Combferre's groans can be heard from behind me but fade as I get closer to the field.

"Uh, ex-excuse me?" Her head lifts from the grass to me. "Yes?"

"Wow." She was even more gorgeous up close. She slightly furrows her eyebrows and smiles. She lets out a little giggle.

"You look quite baffled Monsieur. Have you fallen ill?" Her head tilts a little to her shoulder as she examines me. I self consciously run my fingers over my head and straighten out my coat and pants. "I'm uh, I'm fine. Yes. Perfectly fine. Ça va bien!" I let out a little 'hehe.'

I was acting so stupid and bashful. Just spit out what you need to say Bossuet!

"Mademoiselle, I am quite t-taken with you and was wondering if you, um, would like to meet again? For food! Or for a simple stroll. Or-"

"That would be nice. Food, I mean" she giggles and I do the same but nervously. I rub the back of my neck with my hand. She beckoned me over and I obeyed. My feet shuffled across the floor, eyes remaining on her visage.

"You see that house over there?" She points to a large gray house past the Elephant of Bastille. I nod my head. "That's where I live. Please come by anytime you would like so that we can have... food." She says with the slightest bit of mock. I smile and look down sheepishly.

"Okay... I will. Well, goodbye." I quickly kiss her hand and walk to Combferre, trying to hold in my excitement. Once I am out of her sight and in Combferre's, I click my heels together in the air and whoop with cheer.

"I'm guessing it went well" Combferre says as he approches me with raised eyebrows.

"Well? I mean yes I got her address and a date but I sounded like somebody was Irish step dancing on my vocal chords." He looks at me confusedly.

"I-I t-t-talked like t-this." He roars with laughter at my shyness.

"Maybe God was on your side, kind of." I roll my eyes and shrug.

"You own me 10 francs." I say while putting my hand out for the money.

"Uh, get married first Bossuet." "Fine." I shove my hand into my pocket as we make our way to the Café.

"You're going to lose" he says confidently.

"I will not- I am getting those 10 francs."

"No, you're not."

He got the 10 francs.